YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Today I recieved my copy of Ron Youngs book "The Divers Comprehensive Guide to The Farnes and Holy Island"

For those that don't know, Ron is a member of YD and has dived since Noah was a lad, using his many years of experience he has published the above book...

Now I ordered the book from Ron and to tell the truth I wasn't really expecting too much, mainly because of my ignorance and thinking that this book was probably put together on the cheap by a local lad who got a load of copies knocked out by a local printer but as I felt it might be worth the money for the information I might glean from an old salt I ordered a copy....

Well blimey! how wrong can a person be?? This book is a professionally produced thick paperback with lashings of pictures both in colour and black & white, masses of information on all of the wrecks, reefs, flora and fauna of the area, theres maps, theres diagrams and descriptions of dive sites, theres history, theres dive reports, theres everything you could possibly want to know if you ever want to dive this area of the UK.

Am I on commission?? Dunno, am I Ron??? :biggrin: seriously though folks if you are ever interested in diving the Farne Islands and the surrounding areas then order this book

Ron I apologise for my misgivings mate, I suppose I didn't expect you to be a proper author with a proper publisher, I am a muppet!

Best regards
Dave.

BTW Rons email address if interested is Click Here

·
Respected Wreck-diving Author & Resident Farnes Ex
666 Posts
Imported post

Cheers Dave,

Didn't expect you putting it on the Web-site, but thanks all the same. I can tell you that it took about three years to complete and a ####-of-lot of money to publish, but I'm now into pocket, thank heavans.

Any of the YD members can have the book for the same price too, but they will have to drop me a line first, just in case I upset other people.

Incidentally, two other books that I have had published by Tempus Publishing of Stroud are, two volumes (1 & 2) of 'The Comprehensive Guide to Shipwrecks of the North East Coast'.

Anyone needing any help with dive sites around the Farnes and Holy island just need to drop me a line, but they are all in the book too. The SS CORYTON is a great shallow dive too.

Cheers Ron

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Imported post

Hi Ron,
do you sell them direct?

Safe diving,
Steve.

·
Respected Wreck-diving Author & Resident Farnes Ex
666 Posts
Imported post

Hi Steve

Yes, from my home at a discount to YD members, but they are available on the Internet at AMAZON and various dive centres in the NE.
Anyone wanting one can just drop me an E-mail for the particulars, etc.

Cheers Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts