YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I sold some rebreather items on Fleabay and posted it Royal Mail Parcel Delivery two weeks ago, the buyer has said he still hasn't received them.
I have refunded him the money (not his fault) but i want to claim from Royal Mail - anyone had any success in doing so?

The item was not recorded delivery but posted through work so i can prove i paid to post something.

John

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Yes, but you are going to be limited to £36, I think, which will more than likely come in the form of stamps!

Regards

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Hi all,

I sold some rebreather items on Fleabay and posted it Royal Mail Parcel Delivery two weeks ago, the buyer has said he still hasn't received them.
I have refunded him the money (not his fault) but i want to claim from Royal Mail - anyone had any success in doing so?

The item was not recorded delivery but posted through work so i can prove i paid to post something.

John
Firstly, because you paid work does not mean ......
Secondly, you should always get proof of posting if sending anything of any importance by non recorded/signed for means.

Thirdly, have a look for claim info -

Royal Mail ? How to make a compensation claim for lost items

Good luck with your item. Oh, BTW, you will have to wait a while longer (I think it is a month) before your item is officially lost per the RM's T&C.

·
Supporting Sea Shepherd
1,446 Posts
I sold some STAs on here and they went missing in the post, I successfully got a refund of the item value, compensation and an apology from royal mail, I think theres claim forms on the royal mail website, I did have proof of postage, a receipt from the post office.

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
I had a similar issue with Parcel Force and a cornet being sent to Brazil but didn't refund the customer. I filled in the documentation for Parcel Force who - some weeks later - informed me that the cornet was waiting for collection as the Brazilian wasn't in on numerous occasions.

Are you sure the items weren't delivered?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can only take the buyers word for it. He has good feedback so I have no reason to think they aren't telling the truth.
The issue is that I wanted to keep the postage cost down and so it wasn't recorded delivery - it's now cost me £35.
Lesson learnt.

·
Registered
11,575 Posts
I'd never send anything to an eBay buyer without proof of delivery. It only adds a small amount to the cost of postage.

·
Well Balanced - Bitter and Twisted !!
1,987 Posts
I sent an item to Holland and three weeks later it arrived, it had a nice holiday in Australia where it had been opened by the customs but got there in the end.

You can claim from Royal mail if you have proof of Postage , not signed for.

Personally I find signed for a pain, especially if you work, you pay for the privalage of having it delivered then have to go and pick it up yourself

I give it three weeks, as thats 14 working days for postman pat to get it right!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can only hope that it does turn up and the buyer is honest enough to return the money.
In hindsight I should have waited a while longer.

·
Registered
12,457 Posts
Whilst we're on the subject, could I just put in a quick word about Parcel Force. The word is

MORONS.
QS is a senior examiner for the AQA exam board and, for the fifth year running, Parcel Farce have found the unusual request to move some parcels from one place to another, a bit too baffling. But, refreshingly, they've spiced things up by adding blatent dishonesty into the heady cocktail of stupidity and incompetence. The claim that both the telephone, and on-line sytems for redirecting the exam papers to our local post office, had simultaneously broken down for several days, was it seems, a bit of a fib.

But never mind, these exam papers are only vital to the future plans of about twenty or so students.

·
Confused? You will be.
2,501 Posts
Whilst we're on the subject, could I just put in a quick word about Parcel Force. The word is

MORONS.
QS is a senior examiner for the AQA exam board and, for the fifth year running, Parcel Farce have found the unusual request to move some parcels from one place to another, a bit too baffling. But, refreshingly, they've spiced things up by adding blatent dishonesty into the heady cocktail of stupidity and incompetence. The claim that both the telephone, and on-line sytems for redirecting the exam papers to our local post office, had simultaneously broken down for several days, was it seems, a bit of a fib.

But never mind, these exam papers are only vital to the future plans of about twenty or so students.
Surely QS can down load them from the internet like the students do? If she asks one of them nicely they will help her.

·
Se a vida é
2,318 Posts
Yes, but you are going to be limited to £36, I think, which will more than likely come in the form of stamps!

Regards
I think its 100 x first class postage, although I'm not sure what that is at the moment!

·
Keyboard Worrier
4,155 Posts
Another thing to think about with the bloody post office when you come to make a claim is that they write to the recipient and ask for confirmation that the item didn't arrive...
No probs you think until you get some twat at the other end, sitting on their refund from Ebay, who can't be arsed to answer the PO within the required 14 days - result - case closed...
Or the £200 item I send to a customer, who promptly left the company - result - questionairre sat in their intray for months unanswered.

Only send stuff you can afford to lose by RM ;-(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts