YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

OK who's gonna win the Rugby!!!! When I came to Oz 16 years ago I did the right thing you know booked into surgery and had 1/2 the brain removed to become an aussie ( just thought I'd beat you to that one). Looks to me like the England squad are looking the business, but Go the Wallabies!!    now hides under the desk..

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

l'm not really bothered.

As long as its not the froggies
or the All Blacks
or the Wallabies.

For those unfortnates that don't follow Rugby that only leaves England, thats after they've stopped messing arround and start to play as they can.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

I'm not really bothered either. Any team as long as it's not the English
or the Sassenachs
Or the Southern poofters
Did I mention the English?

Peter

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Bob

Of course ENGLAND will win, they have just been lulling the opposition into a false sence of security with their pretend inability to run the ball. Robo will have had a right rollicking for giving away what they will be doing againt the French with the way he cruised through the Taffy Boyo's.

Saint Johnny Wilkinson has been doing the same with the odd stray kick.

As an aside i hear the French Army has been asked to train the Iraqi Army?

Don't see the point in that myself as they already know how to Surrender.

Dive Safe

Paul

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob in Brisbane @ Nov. 12 2003,21:50)]I did the right thing you know booked into surgery and had 1/2 the brain removed to become an aussie
Be carefull Bob, another 1/2 and you would have become a Glaswegian.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

You really are pushing your fu**ing luck my lad. Anyway, what are you doing on the PC? You should be whispering sweet nothings in Mr van der thingys ear. Along the lines of "Look sunshine, I let you marry my Daughter! Her car is not part of the deal. Right now the car is more important to me".

Peter

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

HA HA, very good. Which reminds me of the old one about the "let me get this right" indiginous Australian playing his didgeredoo on top of Ayers Rock. God decides to experiment and have a bit of fun and sends lightning bolts down on him removing his brain bit by bit. Nothing happened, just kept playing the old didge until the last fragment of brain matter was removed.. the guy stood up, threw down the didge and started doing the "haka".

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

OK, anyone up for a cash-money bet?

Come on then, let's see the colour of your Cross of St Andrew money, Mr. Peter 'Any One But the English (oh, and as long as you don't tell anyone that I'm actually English.....birth certificates and all that...') Kelly??  

The final should be The All Blacks Vs England....

Of course, that's if England don't make a complete James Hunt of it against the Garlic Munchers at the weekend. And if they do, and NZ (who haven't necessarily shone in all their matches either!) make a similar balls of proceedings, then the Aussies should take the Froggies in a final - that's if the Froggies don't turn on the Gaullic-flare and play out of their socks.....err...which they have done, successfully, all ruddy tournament!  

Odds?? Anyone?

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Imported post

Being a Welshman working for French company in England means that I can say only one thing.......

Vive Le France....    (by 30 points)

Oh yes and come on the Blacks....

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Firstly, I am definately an England fan, so far having sat through a couple of very heart stopping matches, I am glad that I will be on my way to the dive show on sunday and will record the match against France.  I will then watch the match when I get home, however if they don't beat those blasted Frenchman I will consume a bottle of wine which will certainly NOT be french as most of it is rubbish anyway.  

Come on Jonno and the boys.  
, lets hope Catty starts and they have a better first quarter than they did against the flaming Welsh.

Fiona

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Imported post

well I have an Assie wife and work for a French firm.  God I hope England win I have about €100 on this match  

·
Registered
488 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>I was brought up to believe that rugby was a game for gentlemen, it was how you played the game that counted and I shall applaud the winner - but hope and pray its England.

It would be unbearable for England to lose, but far worse we'd have to suffer the gloating of that smug b**t**d Campese.  He needs putting in his place and I think the deep hydobox at Stoney was just made for him.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>cause my team are out of it I can chear for my Aussi mates as at least you can have a good laugh with them.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Imported post

How do you think I feel - I've got a French wife whos had the nerve to go out and buy a French Rugby shirt and then walk round Lakeside with it on. What ever happen's on Sunday I'm in a no win situtation.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Imported post

Come on the " Blacks "...
Tis Aussie stompin time....  ( A Haka indeed Bob, back to the old Kiwi, Digger war)
and after We Kick the green and gold surge back to the clinic,
Were going after the French, because they will just devastate the poms..
" Dont we just luve being a stirrer "
you will all be hearing from me late tomorrow night

Steve

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Imported post

Hey Steve,

Are your lot going to get thier girlie hair cutt off to stop it becoming uselful tackling hand-holds again?

Mind you, Australia vs NZ is always going to be a bit of a hand-bag bitch fight anyway, so maybe mot worth bothering!!  

The way both of the remaing SH teams have played leaves a nice open path for whichever of the two, superior NH teams wins (and it had better be England because it is really going to hurt me to cheer on France at the final) to lift the cup.

Can't wait....

Lou

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>I looked at the world cup a few months ago and got 16/1 e/w on France.

I'll be cheering England but there will light at the end of the tunnel if it doesn't happen.

If it does turn into a Blacks v England final I can honestly only see one team winning - England have talent but no midfield.

However until they either win or lose - COME ON ENGLAND.

BTW - I went to school with Neil Back - he was in the thickies class but a delightful chap. I'm getting rather upset he keeps on getting called a veteran. I'm about three months older than him  

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]England have talent but no midfield.
I think that the choices made from the first full squad for 5 weeks should go some way to redressing this.  As Catt has said he can give an extra option out of the breakdown, Jason R out wide rather than at fullback where he has to run 30 yards before he can even think about selling them a jink, and Hill relieving the pressure that has been on Little Jonny.....bless him!

I honetsly can't say that the All Blacks have been looking all that superior.  They looked pretty weak for 60 mins against Wales, which only puys them at the same standard as us.  Their kicking was dire, and they were lucky that Wales' kicking was equally bad.  When England can put pressure on in the opponents half they other team has the option of standing up to the strong front line-up and rolling maul tactics witht he attendant risk of a ground-out try, or giving away the penalty, whcih is dangerous when JW is on the field.  It may not be rugby with "Gallic" flair, but give me a win and I'll be happy.  Then's the rules, after all.

Lou

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Mike Catt - old, slow and a Springbok.

Will Greenwood - more pace on a rice puddin'

Josh Lewsey - Fast but can't hold the ball in a tackle.

__

The French back row are the best in the tournament.

I fear JW will have a torrid time unless the pack can keep going forward.

Conclusion:- England 21 France 12 and I'll take that.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gavin Yates @ Nov. 14 2003,09:25)]BTW - I went to school with Neil Back - he was in the thickies class but a delightful chap.....
Oh come on Gav,

I didn't know Eton had a 'thickies' class??  

1 - 20 of 76 Posts