YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Killed in the line of Duty. RIP.
173 Posts
Imported post

Hobby
If you've got one of these, DONT use the radio, email your address and I'll send the bomb squad around A.S.A.P

And I though the Kursk sank...

·
Resident Serbian Sniper
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Imported post

Sod off!It will be mine as will world domination!It is "something else" though is'nt it? Titanium hulled?
Take care,Hobby.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Imported post

Apparently there is a mounting post on the front for weaponry, and pannier brackets on the bottom for stowing equipment.

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

I cant say how impressed i was with that, i want one, and im not prepared to wait!

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Christ-on-a-bike!!

It isn't really surprising that the Sov Bloc kept losing Subs is it, given the state of the dry-joint-welding on this beasty!!

The words, 'garage', 'in' and 'knocked-up' spring to mind!! I can just hear all you grease-monkey engineery types getting moist on it though - heigh ho.

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

So you're not gonna buy one for you and one for me then Bren?

·
Resident Serbian Sniper
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Imported post

Lawrence,"I think" you lie on top of the scooter(taking the top as prop upwards),the 2 hinged "arms" are pushed fowards and your shoulders brace against them.In this position,the prop assembly rises up,between your legs to above the level of your back,and your chest area lies on the DPV itself.The only thing I see in this equation that does'nt make complete sense to me is that when underway,the scooter will try and push away from the diver?I know that this is why it has a crotch strap etc.but is the reason I'm not certain of the riding position!
No hold on,I've had a thought(it hurts but I find just one now and again stops mre dribbling)!Reading the text it mentions that they're comfy when used for hours(which,logic dictates means a RB or lots of messing), the Spetznaz will almost certainly be using RB's,depending on type may be chest or back mounted.Sooo,surely they would'nt be lying on their RB would they,on conversely have the DPV lying on the RB.Yeah I know,it does'nt solve the problem!
I've had a good trawl through the net and can't find any other details,ie.price etc of these things.I think you'd have to contact Dave's sitee where you see the article.he brings into the US lots of ex-Soviet Bloc.equipment including planes!
Sorry I can't be of any further use!
Regards,Hobby.

(Edited by Hobby at 11:25 am on Nov. 29, 2002)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts