·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Porg @ Dec. 14 2003,14:18)]*sharpens her axe*
No, use a blunt one. It's more painful.

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Hurrah at last,

Personally i think the Gas Chamber would be very appropriate, and i think lots of Kurds would go along with that.

Paul

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

I'm am by no means pro saddam or anti war but I do think the footage of him being medically examined was a disgrace.

Had it been our soldiers or americans, people would be in outrage.   Double standards?  

Still at least they took him alive, so they could not claim the WMD issue died with him.  

Don't get me wrong, he needed to be stopped (Unfortunately I have seen no evidence that it is for the reasons the politicians have stated).  Oh well moot point gassing people is a good enough reason to stop him in my books.

Daz

·
Registered
575 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] (daz @ Dec. 14 2003,16:32)]I'm am by no means pro saddam or anti war but I do think the footage of him being medically examined was a disgrace.

Had it been our soldiers or americans, people would be in outrage.   Double standards?  
Daz
I think you will find that the film footage is for the benefit of the Iraqi people,
they would be shouting for proof of the capture immediately after it was announced.
So the Americans included it in the announcement.
Remember the trouble they had over his two sons. In the end they had to put the piccies of the dead bodies up for them all to see before the Iraqi people believed they were dead.

I don’t have a problem with this procedure as I class Hussein with the likes of Stalin and Hitler.

Will be interesting what the Iraqi’s do with him. [Most probably a firing squad]
Looks like he may have been whipped off to America for the time being.

["They will find there WMD"]  

Cheers
Bob

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (daz @ Dec. 14 2003,16:32)]I'm am by no means pro saddam or anti war but I do think the footage of him being medically examined was a disgrace.

Still at least they took him alive, so they could not claim the WMD issue died with him.  

Don't get me wrong, he needed to be stopped (Unfortunately I have seen no evidence that it is for the reasons the politicians have stated).  Oh well moot point gassing people is a good enough reason to stop him in my books.

Daz
Daz,

They had no option BUT to show him in one piece - for the same reason that they showed the corpses of his sons - the Iraqi people need proof.

4.5 million Iraqi and Kurdish deaths to his name - I think he's earned his 15 mins of TV fame on capture mate. Now to a trial in Iraq with an international jury. I'm not pro-death sentence, but you have to live in these countries to understand just how 'oh, there's another corpse in the street/public execution' weary these people are. The US may not push for the death sentence, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Iraqi people demand it.

Now maybe he can tell us where all the WMD are hiding?  

Personally I never bought the 45 minutes and WMD threat - but if the politicians were daft enough to punt the idea, then they can lie in the bed they made. The changes they made to the Scuds during the 1st work out meant that they only just hit Israel - and we're talking post codes, not accurate by any stretch; so as for them hitting Europe proper? Are there three 'L's in bollocks?

One down.

OBL - have the kettle on: your arse is next.

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>A fine result - and a coward right to the end.

However, maybe it would've been better for UK and the US if he'd have topped himself.

If he gets tried for war crimes/crimes against humanity etc he's gonna have to reveal where he got the weapons from.

He's probably still got the receipts from various "civilised" Western states for various Bio weapons, Gas, missiles, tanks, planes etc

If Sadam has taught us anything it's that weapons be they WMDs or otherwise - should not be sold to dictatorships. That includes the 40 Hawk Jets we've just sold to Indonesia - only for training purposes of course and the morass of weapons that have gone from the US to Pakistan after Sep 11.

The French are equally as guilty - as always.

Today's a good day for Iraq - I hope our boys and girls can come home soon.

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
Imported post

this definetly is saddam they have done a dna test of his saliva what a great catch thats what i say as regards to parading him on the television i would make him face war crimes in a court ,and when found guilty of which theres no dought. i would treat this man with the contemp that he has shown for his own people aka the kurdish people .Then it begs the question what to do with him.me personaly i would publicaly execute him,televise it and beam live pictures to every home on the planet (well aftre the watershed of course) just to send out the right message to all those other opressive dictatorships that mite like to follow in his footsteps

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mary @ Dec. 14 2003,18:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (yipeediver @ Dec. 14 2003,17:54)]just to send out the right message to all those other opressive dictatorships that mite like to follow in his footsteps
mugabe anyone?
Bush anyone?

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Seadart Bob @ Dec. 14 2003,17:34)]
[b said:

Daz
I think you will find that the film footage is for the benefit of the Iraqi people,
they would be shouting for proof of the capture immediately after it was announced.
So the Americans included it in the announcement.
Remember the trouble they had over his two sons. In the end they had to put the piccies of the dead bodies up for them all to see before the Iraqi people believed they were dead.

I don’t have a problem with this procedure as I class Hussein with the likes of Stalin and Hitler.

Will be interesting what the Iraqi’s do with him. [Most probably a firing squad]
Looks like he may have been whipped off to America for the time being.

["They will find there WMD"]  

Cheers
Bob
Very laudable reasons..

Maybe I am just too cynical and saw it as political swaggering and bravado.  Especially the footage of his medical examination.  

Still don't suppose I could blame the Iraqis for wanting proof,  after all why believe what politicians say without proof

Anyway, moot point the end result is what counts.  

Just can't wait for him to disclose where all the WMD are  
  Maybe he just paid for them but never got around to having them delivered from the western countries  

Daz

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Imported post

Funnily enough his missus was in the Times today saying being the sort of guy he is, she can't see him ever getting found.  D'oh!!

Interesting to see him come quietly & cooperatively.  What with all the rhetoric and his exhortations for 'his people' to fight the invaders to the death, surely he should've taken out dozens of Yanks and died a heroic martyr?  
That's one of the reasons it was important to put the bastard on telly - to show the Iraqis the depth of his cowardice & the utter waste of life it was/is to stand up in his name.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.