YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Silent Knight
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On about 1 in 3 dives both Nic and my Salvo's begin to fire up and then die, needing to be switched off and on again and then they are normally OK.

Both are the 9 amp Nimh 21 watt variety and always have a fresh charge to night before use. They've probably only had about 12 hours in water time since new at the beginning of the year.

It's not a problem to fire them up again I just wanted to be sure it was a pretty normal afflication with how the HID bulb strikes. Our routine is to jump in and switch on at 6m whilst doing a kit/bubble check.

Cheers

Graham :)

G

·
I'd speak to that Knackers bloke, but it sounds like something isn't right

Neither of mine have ever failed except when I forgot to charge it :(

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
It's not a problem to fire them up again I just wanted to be sure it was a pretty normal afflication with how the HID bulb strikes. Our routine is to jump in and switch on at 6m whilst doing a kit/bubble check.
Personally, I fire it up on the boat/bench before getting in as then at least I have a chance to resolve any issues like not connecting the battery, not that that has happened to me before. :embarassed: Might also stop you doing the thing Garf did last year and be tempted to press on if it doesn't work and start the trip into the incident pit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.