YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For work I regularly travel to the west coast of the states.
Earlier in the year I qualified as a PADI open water diver. This trip to the states was the first I have had were I had chance to dive.
I booked a dive with Aquarius divers in Monterey Aquarius Dive Shop - Your PADI 5-Star Scuba Dive Center in Monterey for Training, Equipment, Service, and Rentals
The dive master was Ken a diver master with 25 years experience whilst really showed especially for a newbie like me.

San Carlos beach is a short drive from the shop and we followed Ken to a parking place. Every car in the car park was for a diver and the local council seem to have done a good job to accomodate divers including a fresh water shower just up from the beach.
The dive was from the beach and we entered and then put on our fins. Ken made sure we were all ok before setting off on a short swim.
The eventual dive site was close to the break water wall just out from the main kelp. Getting there involved being covered in Kelp which had to be removed before descending.
The water was 13c with 20-25 feet visibility which is very good apparently.
The maximum depth was 14m for me and the time was 37 minutes.

On the dive i saw
  • Large starfish (20 legs 2 feet across)
  • lots of regular starfish
  • Cod
  • Rock fish
  • cobalt blue growth on rocks
  • Decorator crab
  • Crabs
  • Sea slugs
  • Sand dabs

All in all this was a brilliant dive and I can only recommend Ken and Aquarius

·
give your head a shake
124 Posts
thanks a good report on behalf of the massive, give us some more with ref to the centre , good review cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts