YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All

A friend of mine is going to be in San Fransisco this October / November. He plans to do a cage shark dive and has been quoted 900 USD. Is this the normal going rate or are there other operators doing this with better rates? Websites would be useful.

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
759 Posts
$900! wow i didnt realise it was that expensive.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$900! wow i didnt realise it was that expensive.
Nor did he. They also want another 500USD for his wife to go on the boat ride to watch!

·
Registered
46 Posts

·
"Look mate, the problem's between the user and the
2,711 Posts
All

A friend of mine is going to be in San Fransisco this October / November. He plans to do a cage shark dive and has been quoted 900 USD. Is this the normal going rate or are there other operators doing this with better rates? Websites would be useful.

Thanks for any advice.
is that to that island nr mexico?

how long is that for? is it 1 day, 1 week? what does that include?

·
Registered
46 Posts
If it's San Francisco, it's likely to be Farralon Islands. And the dive is 30 minutes! Well, you can go in more than once, but it's 30 minutes at a stretch, and they rotate the divers. This isn't a regular dive like we are used to, but uses surface supplied air--what they call a 'hookah'. The trip is a whole day thing.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it's San Francisco, it's likely to be Farralon Islands. And the dive is 30 minutes! Well, you can go in more than once, but it's 30 minutes at a stretch, and they rotate the divers. This isn't a regular dive like we are used to, but uses surface supplied air--what they call a 'hookah'. The trip is a whole day thing.
Quero - thanks very much for the info. Much appreciated.

·
Back to reality, and it's scary.
406 Posts
All

Thanks for any advice.
Blimey.I'd save a bit more money and go to the Galapagos, You can sit on the bottom and watch sharks as far as the vis stretches. Hundreds and hundreds of them.Every dive.:)

·
Registered
759 Posts
Proper diving though, i know which i would prefer

1 - 11 of 11 Posts