YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Had a dive recently on a wreck in the Menai Staits, it was the second dive of the day after some s**t viz on the first dive, lost buddies on decent, waves like something from the 'perfect storm' movie and the boat breaking down 14 miles out and needed a bit of a strip down.

I think the skipper tried to redeem himself with a potter round a wreck in the Menai Straits which he said was a dredger lying on its starboard side.

The amount of life on this wreck was great, but due to the viz you had to be 4 inches from it to see it. A cracking dive in good viz!!

Does anyone know any details about it???

Jack

Ps Happy Birthday to me for today - got a card from Guinness and Jack Daniels but not from my family!!!!!!

·
Anglesey Charter boat Skipper
1,033 Posts
Imported post

hi jack you were probarbly on the wreck of the hoverigham a suction dredger which sank on the 28/1/71.
she was 48meters long and sprang a leak then capsized her upturned hull showing at low wtaer
she carried  building sand
there is an air pocket inside it which is described in scott of quest divings  book anglesey wrecks and reefs.
hope this is of help
cheers elfyn

Reactions: BSH

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Thanks, sounds like thats the one, there is an air pocket in it, I will have to look this up some more and get the full sp, thanks gain mate - will have to dive it again in better viz

1 - 3 of 3 Posts