YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Just like to wish all on YD a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.  

I have really enjoyed YD since finding you in the summer.  Thanks Jay for an excellent site.

Have also enjoyed meeting a few people on the dives I have been on, hopefully I get the opportunity to meet a few more of you next year.  

Right now, I have the Christmas CD in my PC and it's ready to go, so what's your favourite Christmas track.  

Hope you all have a safe 2004.  

AndyP and gang see you in April.

Best Wishes

Fiona xxx

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (FionaB @ Dec. 16 2003,09:25)]Right now, I have the Christmas CD in my PC and it's ready to go, so what's your favourite Christmas track.  
<font color='#000080'>For me christmas hasn't started until I've heard Slade for the first time - but then that's usually some tme in November! I was the first record I ever had and I must have been about 5 years old.

But being a scynical and world weary copper I'd say my favourite is The Fairy Tale of New York by The Pogues and Kirsty McColl.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

It's not Xmas until you've heard the "John Denver and the Muppets" christmas album.

After that, Fairytale of New York. It's such a refreshing change from all the poppy, cheery stuff that gets on your nerves within ten minutes.

"You scumbag, you maggot, you cheap lousy ******"... classic

·
Registered
545 Posts
Imported post

I also would like to thank all YDs for the amusement and helping me keep the off season blues at bay..
Jay awesome site and to all those help keep this such an interesting place to visit..
And my Chrissy wish for you all is ....May your tanks last longer... May your Vis be clearer...May your gas be smoother
and may you all come home safe....
All the best for the upcoming Chrissy celebrations,
And take care everyone
Steve

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Have to go with Mark on this one, it just HAS to be Noddy and MERRRREEEEEEEE CHRISMARSE!!!

Dont think Steve(W) will agree though, dont mention the record shop  

Have a good and safe one folks.
Matt

·
Registered
545 Posts
Imported post

And sorry to say.. i loathe christmas carols..
Reminds me of being in a department store ( And I even hate grocery shoppin )
So give me some good Pink Floyd and a bottle of red wine and im a happy camper
Steve:D

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Bah ! Humbug!!

As  Matt has alluded to I used to work for HMV and spent about 8 or 9 Xmases in a place where the only album that got played throughout December was the "Now...Xmas" album, 12 hours a day, 7 days a week...
If I NEVER hear another Xmas song as long as I live, it'll still be too soon

·
Shipwrecked & Comatose, drinking fresh mango juice
2,614 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#810541'>I'd like to add my vote of thanks to andy2tanks and headsup (Andy and Jay) - it's been fun since I started trawling this forum in May, looking forward to much more in the years to come.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Right now, I have the Christmas CD in my PC and it's ready to go, so what's your favourite Christmas track.  
Favourite Christmas Song is a hard one to choose, I was asked to rip some christmas stuff onto an MP3 cd for a colleague, when I got all my CD's together I had something like 15 albums with Christmas music on them.  I never did grow up, though!  I think I would have to choose "Peace On Earth / Little Drummer Boy" by David Bowie and Bing Crosby as my favourite: "Peace on Earth, can it be, years from now, perhaps we'll see, see the day of glory, see the day when men of goodwill, live in peace, live in peace again".  Second choice would be 'Silent Night / 7 O'Clock News' by Simon and Garth's Uncle.  A couple of years ago - could have been 1991 after the first gulf war - one of the radio stations updated the news reporting for the current year, and it was extremely poignant.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Imported post

Aww are we a bit Jaded as well Steve...
The ghosts of christmas Carols will come and get ya..

·
Living a champagne lifestyle on a lemonade budget!
1,430 Posts
Imported post

Merry Christmas to you too FionaB!

Here's one for the ladies  

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

just to even the score for the lads;

Happy X-mas chaps
Peter

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year to all from the other side of the North Sea. Still no snow – it's very late this year – but the forecast, which is uncertain, is for snow on Sunday and possibly more on Christmas Eve, so we just might get a white Christmas. Thanks all for an enjoyable and interesting year discussing our favourite subject. Now I'm off to collect a full cylinder for this evening's dive.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mark Davies @ Dec. 16 2003,09:44)]But being a scynical and world weary copper I'd say my favourite is The Fairy Tale of New York by The Pogues and Kirsty McColl.
Splendid choice that man!

Aye, top site this, YD: made all the better by the caliber of folks who post their thougts, advice, banter (key component this!) and general help. Oh, and the desire to hook-up for regular diving does the trick also!

Have a killer Christmas and a bonza New Years chaps and chapesses!

Sing with me people: "Oh Happy Days"

Indeed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts