YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

I'm heading to Sardinia in a week and I understand that there is good cavern diving as well as some dry cave exploration possible.....anyway, I'm only going for the diving.

Can anyone offer any advice as to which dive sites to priorities and any advice on operators welcome.

Thanks.

Graham

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

I've only dived around Alghero and, frankly, it wasn't very good.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Imported post

John...you told me that last time...I've done some research and you're right, around Alghero is crap BUT....there are some great cavern dives to be had...I just need some pointers.

Hope you're doing well...by the way my 3 finger mitts worked a treat..of course I am not looking forward to using them again as that will mean the water is back to 1 C again in a frozen murky lake in luxembourg....ooooo...anyway, it's warm now and let's make the most of it.

Where are you going on hols John?

Regards.

Graham

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (kinetic @ July 10 2003,23:10)]

John...you told me that last time...I've done some research and you're right, around Alghero is crap BUT....there are some great cavern dives to be had...I just need some pointers.

Hope you're doing well...by the way my 3 finger mitts worked a treat..of course I am not looking forward to using them again as that will mean the water is back to 1 C again in a frozen murky lake in luxembourg....ooooo...anyway, it's warm now and let's make the most of it.

Where are you going on hols John?

Regards.

Graham
Hi Graham,
I hope you enjoy Sardinia. I wear my 3-finger mitts all year round but, as you say, it IS nicer diving in the summer months, when the water is warmer. Nothing special planned for the summer (I went to the southern part of the Egyptian Red Sea on a liveaboard for a week at the beginning of June) but some Swedish friends and I are going to the Farnes and St Abbs for a week's diving in September. We're meeting Lou (from this forum) and Caroline and Matt (also from this forum) and his son Adam for the weekend at the Farnes. If we're lucky with the weather (please God!) it should be a great week.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Imported post

There was an article in the last issue of Diver on the Farnes...did you see it.

I'd love to go there but it'll have to be another time.

I hope you have a great time...as I'm sure you will..but no doubt we'll talk again before September. You must remember to do a trip report whn you get back.

Cheers for now.

Graham

1 - 5 of 5 Posts