YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

It turns out that I have a pass-out this weekend for one day.

I'd really like to do a nice easy dive in the sea or alternatively Stoney or Capernwray.  Actually, having been out of the water for about 7 weeks with an ear infection and other problems, I'm ******** desperate to get in the water and dive.

I'm based between York and Leeds so anywhere a couple of hours drive from there would be good.

Any suggestions / takers?

Cheers all,

Tim

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Imported post

Im down at Stoney this saturday (14th September) to dive with a mate, welcome to meet up for a days diving or alternatively if you dont want to drive down south ( who does!!!) Im up for organising a sunday dive (Sept 15th) at Capernwray)?
??

let us know here or email me if your interested.

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Imported post

Hi Ben,

Excellent - let's do it at Capernwray, last time I was at Stoney on a Sunday it was well congested.

I'll email my phone number.

Can you drum up any others to come along as well - it would be good to meet more people from the forum.

Cheers,

Tim

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Imported post

Sounds like a plan in the making here...

Will email you my details and we will get it sorted for this Sunday.

Will ask about to see if anyone else is up for it...

Speak to you soon

·
Registered
38 Posts
Imported post

Where are you located, Tim?  I'm in Harrogate, so must be close to you.  Was thinkin of possibly hitting St. Abbs again, a wee bit of a drive,but nothin for me, If'n ya wanna hit it sometime, plenty of room in my vehicle

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Imported post

Hey Scott,

I'm actually in Boston Spa so not far from Harrogate at all.  

As for St Abbs, I'm well up for that.  Have agreed to take the family up for a weekend sometime soon but certainly available for the odd jaunt after that.

Let me know when you're going up and we'll try and arrange something.

Cheers,

Tim

·
Registered
281 Posts
Imported post

Dave, no-one would consider inviting you because they know you'll be there already...grinning up from Billy's boat as you've talked your way on yet again...just y'all let me know when you're getting wet again, y'heah now?

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Imported post

Ok guys.

Following a v. quick discussion with Mrs Timing we've decided to try and come up the last weekend of this month.

Are you all up for that?

Tim

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quote: from PaulC on 8:04 pm on Sep. 14, 2002
Dave, no-one would consider inviting you because they know you'll be there already...grinning up from Billy's boat as you've talked your way on yet again...
<span =''>

S'true!! :biggrin:

Timing, I'm up for that, or any other weekend as it happens  ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Imported post

Guys - keep your mouths closed (dont want you catching flies or anything in shock!) but I actually made it to Stoney....gasps I hear you say!

Drove down on Saturday afternoon stayed in a B&B and was up at 5am to start the queue (delightful!)

After all that fun....and after I could say I'd been to Stoney - I found the water temp. was 11 degrees and told 'em to get lost!! No chance....so I went to stoney....just didnt quite get as far as getting wet!

Maybe when its 10 degrees warmer with about 250 less divers, and more than 3 feet vis!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts