this weekend was booked in as a diving pass-out weekend but will now be in Ireland. Saturday will be spent tring to persuade the missus that spending the afternoon in a Dublin pub watching Glos play Munster is the only polite thing to do!
OK, the weekend after it is then (25th/26th), it'll give me time to get me tanks filled, is there a plan for that weekend yet?
If not, could I suggest introducing folk to Crummock Water?
You can get 25m+ with relative ease, but bring your light sabres 'cos its pretty dark down there. Where there's flexibility I prefer Saturday diving rather than Sunday.
Alternatively we could try Ullswater, could look for the bottle dump and see if there's any "cods-wallop" bottles around, worth up to a fiver a piece I believe.
PS DAvey - did we fix a ddate for the Ellerton night Dive
#### this bloody British weather! You know I really do want to get back into the sea and see some life. How about a potential shore dive somewhere with the fall-back being one of the lakes as Steve suggested.
Only problem with shore diving at this time of the year is that with all the bad weather this week the viz will be greatly reduced for some time afterwards.
Also we'd have to check the conditions on the day of diving, which, when we're spread all over the place, could involve a lot of early morning phone calling all over the place. Still, worth a thought I know, but check out todays inshore forecast from the BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/ukweather/inshore.shtml
From Duncansby Head to Whitby. Wind: west or southwest 6 to gale 8 increasing 7 to severe gale 9, locally storm 10 in the north. occasional showers.