YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Anybody got a dip planned for this Saturday? I need to play around with my wing config, Ellerton (preferable as I can get the necessary fill on site) or perhaps the Lakes ?
Chee-az
Steve

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Sorry Stevie mate,

Can't make this weekend - but watch out for news on the next St Abbs trip.......coming soon to a YD website near YOU!!! Dairies at the ready, people ;)

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

Sorry Steve,

this weekend was booked in as a diving pass-out weekend but will now be in Ireland.  Saturday will be spent tring to persuade the missus that spending the afternoon in a Dublin pub watching Glos play Munster is the only polite thing to do!

What about next weekend ie the 25th/26?  

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Imported post

Steve, Sat a possibility. If not how about weekend after. Theres going to be a load of us doing something. Possibly lakes.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

OK, the weekend after it is then (25th/26th), it'll give me time to get me tanks filled, is there a plan for that weekend yet?
If not, could I suggest introducing folk to Crummock Water?
You can get 25m+ with relative ease, but bring your light sabres 'cos its pretty dark down there. Where there's flexibility I prefer Saturday diving rather than Sunday.

Alternatively we could try Ullswater, could look for the bottle dump and see if there's any "cods-wallop" bottles around, worth up to a fiver a piece I believe.
Chee-az
Steve
PS DAvey - did we fix a ddate for the Ellerton night Dive

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

Re Ellerton night dive, I think it's supposed to be next thursday Steve, wasn't that the next time Ian had a shift off??

If Ian doesn't give a shout soon then any thursday is good for me mate

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

#### this bloody British weather!  You know I really do want to get back into the sea and see some life.  How about a potential shore dive somewhere with the fall-back being one of the lakes as Steve suggested.

I suggest Abbs as a possibility or even Anglesey.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imported post

Only problem with shore diving at this time of the year is that with all the bad weather this week the viz will be greatly reduced for some time afterwards.

Also we'd have to check the conditions on the day of diving, which, when we're spread all over the place, could involve a lot of early morning phone calling all over the place. Still, worth a thought I know, but check out todays inshore forecast from the BBC:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/ukweather/inshore.shtml

From Duncansby Head to Whitby. Wind: west or southwest 6 to gale 8 increasing 7 to severe gale 9, locally storm 10 in the north. occasional showers.

EEK!

Chee-az
Steve

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Imported post

Wast is good cos it tends to be a bit clearer than some others eg Ullswater, but then again its much further to go. I'll see what I can find out locally about recent conditions for Abbs or similar.

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Imported post

Abbs?
? ohhhhhhhhhhh dear!

It would be rude not to.

Fall back plan  at ullswater or conniston possibly.

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Abbs? Did someone say Abbs? When? Can I come too? Please?

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Good lads - when? dates, times come on spill.

Anyway, Ben with a HID, Steve with a freakin' lighthouse in a dustbin - I won't need a torch  - the bleedin' sea with be lit up completely.

Woo and Yay.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

I'd be up for Abbs as well. Never been there. If someone wants to tell me dates, times, costs, etc. S'pose I could show my handsome face up.

Peter

·
Banned
217 Posts
Imported post

Might be up for that myself!!  Fingers crossed that my lid comes back in time, just got a new solenoid!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts