YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

OK, lets see what interest we can muster, the following is all highly weather dependant of course:

Plan 1: See if we can book a hardboat at Abbs for either Saturday (my preference) or Sunday (I've no idea on availablility or prices etc as yet). Obviously with a booking you need be as good as your word so no "dilutees", as we say round here. Boatwise there's Billy
Aitchison who comes highly recommended by the mods,
Peter Gibson whose boat I've dived from before and some others I'm not familiar with. There's loads of nice little sites not far from the harbour (doesn't have to be the Glanmire), max depths etc we'll decide on later but there's plenty of decent sub 25 metre sites for those who don't want to go deep.

Plan 2: If no boats available then I'm still up for shore diving regardless.

Plan 3: If no boats available and none of the Scottish faction are turning out, and we sassenachs want a shorter journey, we could head for Beadnell (easy shore dive 10-15m max depending on tides.

Plan 4: Weather blows us out we're off to the Lakes: Ullswater, Crummock or Wast if folk prefer.

Chee-az
Steve

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Steve,

I'm deffo up for it, so's Fi.

I'll speak to Billy tomorrow and book some places - he's very accomodating and will usually find something.

My advice is that of it's blowing northeries late next week then the viz will be to shit and we'll have to go for plan B.

See you soon - anymore for the Skylark?

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

Chee-az Gav! in case you want to liase off-line about Billy's boat space etc, my home number is 0191 4695317 (ignore the posh bint on the answerphone, it's a voicechip thingy).

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

Yeah right! Bet you were wearing stockings, suspenders and 4 inch stillettos when you recorded it - the lies you tell!

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

Well I was chopping off bits of my tree last weekend in a kind of lumberjack fashion, and I have been known to hang around in bars, (sing everybody...)

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Excellent - a plan comes together.

I spoke to Billy today and he hasn't got anyway near a full boat for next weekend.

I'll speak to him re weather and prospects on Wednesday/Thursday am and post here.

Today was fun - viz wasn't great but I saw the biggest freakin' lobster I've ever seen at Abbs. Roll on next w/e

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imported post

Cool, looking forward to it, and so's the missus.
So,  AIUI, the list so far is:
Me & Liz
Gav & Fi
Drifty
Tim
Ben

Any more for any more?

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Right then Ben - Abbs not good enough for you these days eh?

Rather jump in muddy puddles then? ... we might have to take your fish-prodders badge off you !!!

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Imported post

You've got all winter to go shopping, come diving instead, or can't you face that transition back to cold water just yet ;)
Chee-az
Steve

·
Registered
41 Posts
Imported post

Ben, anyone else - there are 4 of us from Skipton and surrounds,  Wastwatering on saturday if anyones cares to join, weather forecast for west lakes is good and Im bringing the cakes.

ali

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Imported post

Alistair, If the weathers too bad over here we may see you there
Ben, you're young, too young for hardcore DIY, save it till you're my age !
As the Ringwraiths would say if they took up diving "come back, come back, to Abbs we will take you...."
(you have seen or read LOR haven't you?)
Chee-az
Steve
PS Of course if the weather gets too bad please ignore my ramblings

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

Somebody recently mentioned that Scoutscroft were having Nitrox facilities put in.  Have they done this yet?  If yes, whats the deal / set-up?

Also, whats the plan if Abbs is do-able?  I can prob. only get away for one day (and I'll be paying in blood for that I can tell ya!) and so best make it Sat.

If we do do Sat, Steve can you put me up on the Friday Night?  I can pay in GBP of course.

Of Course if Abbs is out then it'll be somewhere else anyway.  I have my fingers crossed for some very agreeable weather - and whilst I'm at it - a shoal of wolf-fish a monster occy and, sod it, a basking shark!

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

I'm up for both days and if Abbs is not a go-er then I'll travel. I'd prefer not to do Wast cos despite the lovely viz there's f*ck all there apart from a crisp packet that I found last time I was in (incidently the crisps were priced at 6p - is this of archaeogical importance?)

Anyway - at the end of the day - there's no such thing as a bad dive only better ones - roll on the weekend.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts