YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Steve,

I'm deffo up for it, so's Fi.

I'll speak to Billy tomorrow and book some places - he's very accomodating and will usually find something.

My advice is that of it's blowing northeries late next week then the viz will be to shit and we'll have to go for plan B.

See you soon - anymore for the Skylark?
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Excellent - a plan comes together.

I spoke to Billy today and he hasn't got anyway near a full boat for next weekend.

I'll speak to him re weather and prospects on Wednesday/Thursday am and post here.

Today was fun - viz wasn't great but I saw the biggest freakin' lobster I've ever seen at Abbs. Roll on next w/e
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Right then Ben - Abbs not good enough for you these days eh?

Rather jump in muddy puddles then? ... we might have to take your fish-prodders badge off you !!!
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

I'm up for both days and if Abbs is not a go-er then I'll travel. I'd prefer not to do Wast cos despite the lovely viz there's f*ck all there apart from a crisp packet that I found last time I was in (incidently the crisps were priced at 6p - is this of archaeogical importance?)

Anyway - at the end of the day - there's no such thing as a bad dive only better ones - roll on the weekend.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

No - but I'm sure I can sort sommat out. If the weather's crap up here I might be going south anyway ... not as far as bloody weymouth tho'
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Ben - I do at least 500 miles a week as it is. My car needs a rest.

Have a good time whatever you end up doing.

Just to add for everybody - despite shitty looking weather today and tomorrow - the winds appear to be coming together for the weekend. On the Abbs inshore forecast SW and SSW are destined for Thurs and Fri - good news for fish prodders.

(Edited by Gavin Yates at 1:27 pm on Jan. 21, 2003)
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

If you're coming Bren - in that case I might have a favour to ask of you.

That fine chap Hayhurst has procured a set of twins and a big wing for me - will you be anywhere near Cassa Hayhurst towards the end of the week?

If not no worries - it'd be good to see you at Abbs anyway.

I'm up for both days. I'll get an idea of numbers then book Billy accordingly.

To keep in touch with the weather at Abbs this isn't a bad link.

http://www.onlineweather.com/v4/uk/sailing/SF11.html
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Weather update - looking good.

Thurs/Fri wind coming the right way.

Saturday -  a wee bit of a blow - but coming the right way.

Sunday - spot on.

I'm working on the principle that the numbers are as follows.

Saturday

Me
Fi
Drift
Bren
Willo
Steve W and partner

Anymore? Ben? I wanna book Billy tomorra if poss cos I'm sure that others will be looking at the agreeable forecast.

(Edited by Gavin Yates at 2:16 pm on Jan. 22, 2003)
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

It's down to Force 4 today for Sat and Sun.

I'll speak to Billy and see if he's got a better idea of the weekend's prospects and report back.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Washing machine - pah - just a little bit of current that's all.

Come on boys - the sea or a puddle - is there a choice?
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

I've spoken to Bill today and he says it's still looking good and the blow looks like it'll subside for Saturday and definitely for Sunday albeit getting slightly Westerly.

So how many is it. Bren and Dave already booked on.

Steve + 1
Tim
Drifty
Gav (maybe Fi maybe not)



(Edited by Gavin Yates at 3:03 pm on Jan. 23, 2003)
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Right then,

I've just spoken to Billy and got a lastest forecast. Saturday is looking OK but the Glanmire could be difficult and maybe not worth doing. Sunday will be much better for the Glanmire but not guaranteed.

Bren and Dave booked themselves but I have booked boat spaces for the following.

Gavin
Drifty
Tim
Steve
Mrs Steve - pls remind me of name so I don't embarrass myself more than usual.

The tide's in tomorrow am but Billy is reckoning on loading the boat at 10.00am. That way the protected area just left of the Harbour should be calm-ish and not running.

Mobiles don't work very well at Abbs but mines 07803 970 296
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Billy doesn't do fills. There is a harbourside compressor that opens in the season - or if someone phones the guy. Billy knows the details.

I haven't got a spare tank I'm afraid - in fact I need to get gas before I come down - the nearest clean air/nitrox is Edinburgh methinks - Drifty?

 
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

That's a shame Scott - there room on the boat. I was out with the boys this morning. Not bad at all.

If the work thing evaporates we will be diving at 11.00am.

The offers open to all YD-ers? Anybody?
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top