YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

I've spoken to Bill today and he says it's still looking good and the blow looks like it'll subside for Saturday and definitely for Sunday albeit getting slightly Westerly.

So how many is it. Bren and Dave already booked on.

Steve + 1
Tim
Drifty
Gav (maybe Fi maybe not)

(Edited by Gavin Yates at 3:03 pm on Jan. 23, 2003)

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

Yep, I'm now a deffo but just for the Saturday.

Steve, thanks for letting me stay - cats are ok.  I'll PM my mobile number and we can sort out how best to get to yours.

See y'all then

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

Gav you have to talk Fi into joining us mate, I haven't had a chance to chat with you both for ages now.. don't forget to bring the piccys along..... (No not the one with you in fishnets and.... ) the ones from the hols man!!

Very very much looking forward to the weekend guys and gals, see ya on the Glanmire :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

Aww shite Dave....

Go on, first dive for months and you want me on the Glanmire?? Trying to put me off for life y'ol bugger eh? Well, I'll be narc'd off me titties then.....

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Right then,

I've just spoken to Billy and got a lastest forecast. Saturday is looking OK but the Glanmire could be difficult and maybe not worth doing. Sunday will be much better for the Glanmire but not guaranteed.

Bren and Dave booked themselves but I have booked boat spaces for the following.

Gavin
Drifty
Tim
Steve
Mrs Steve - pls remind me of name so I don't embarrass myself more than usual.

The tide's in tomorrow am but Billy is reckoning on loading the boat at 10.00am. That way the protected area just left of the Harbour should be calm-ish and not running.

Mobiles don't work very well at Abbs but mines 07803 970 296

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

So Abbs is a 'good-to-go-gig' !!!

My moby is TEL: 07764 - 174647.

I'll be picking Davey up en route to Abbs tonight - we'll be arriving at the 'cottage' between 23.00 and 23.30 hrs. Pity about the Glanmire, I wanted to see Drifty sparked out of his nut!! Ah well, any diving's good diving, right?

There's a distinct possibility that Willo and I shall be distributing a few elements of Susan this eve when we touch down, though not too much.......given the fact that we've got diving tomorrow in the AM ;)

Devil-gasses at the ready!!!  See ya there boys - and Lizzy!

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Imported post

Although I've never yet done the Glanmire and would like to do it, given the info I have on it (article in Dive magazine a couple of months ago) I think maybe a little later in the year when everyone is "dived-in"? AIUI it's not ideal warm up stuff.

So, practicalities...what time are we going to rendezvous and embark? I think I heard 10am mentioned???
I also believe I heard someone say Scoutscroft compressor is buggered is that correct?, If so can Billy do fills? (Liz only has a single 12L). If he can't do fills could anyone hire me a spare tank for me missus?

Chee-az
Steve

(Edited by Steve W at 1:44 pm on Jan. 24, 2003)

(Edited by Steve W at 1:47 pm on Jan. 24, 2003)

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Billy doesn't do fills. There is a harbourside compressor that opens in the season - or if someone phones the guy. Billy knows the details.

I haven't got a spare tank I'm afraid - in fact I need to get gas before I come down - the nearest clean air/nitrox is Edinburgh methinks - Drifty?

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Imported post

OK just rang Billy, Scoutscroft will come down to start the harbourside compressor, Billy will contact them when we'e heading back in
nil problemo it seems
Steve

(Edited by Steve W at 6:25 pm on Jan. 24, 2003)

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

Well all, my plans for today went absolutely FUBAR so I won't be able to leave before tomorrow morning.  So my plans have changed to stay over on Sat. night - I'll be calling Billy before I leave tomorrow to get a bunk for the night.

Enjoy the 10am dive, see you later in the day.

Cheers,

Tim

·
Registered
38 Posts
Imported post

Just got back in town, so would miss Sat dive, but if anybody is still about planning on going on sunday dive, I'd like to join in.  just email me the details.

Scott

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Scott,

Just phone the skipper, (Billy ) or his Mrs on the following URL and tell them of your plans to turn up. There will be a group of YD going out onthe Sunday also. Saturday nigh should be a bit lively also!!! Sherry anyone???

http://www.divecentrestabbs.com/

Cheers,

·
Registered
38 Posts
Imported post

Well, turns out I have to work a couple hours sunday, but I do appreciate the information.  Next time y'all plan a couple days diving like this, lemme know.  I start rotating schedule in February, so some weekends ill be off, and sometimes midweek off.  Thanks again

Scott

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

That's a shame Scott - there room on the boat. I was out with the boys this morning. Not bad at all.

If the work thing evaporates we will be diving at 11.00am.

The offers open to all YD-ers? Anybody?

41 - 57 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.