YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have a confession - I am going puddle diving tomorrow :redface: worse still there are places available on Neptune to dive off of Dover :(

I am doing this to get some of my Clubs new members through their first few Ocean Diver Open Water dives before we take them to Weymouth.

The Dilemma is the Diving Dude is going to join us :( to practice his shallow water buoyancy, well that should give them all a laugh anyway :) and stir all the crap on the bottom of the lake up :(

But how do i pass him off :confused:

Do i pretend he is not there and tell them to ignore the bloke who keeps asking me to sort his kit out :confused:

or

Would i be better off doing a separate safety brief about him, and warn them of the dangers of getting an Interwebbythingy dive buddy :confused:

Could this put them off Diving for good :confused:

All helpful suggestions welcome :)

Reactions: 861-218

·
Driving my truck with my high-heels on...
5,509 Posts
T shirt

I think if you show them 1 of Janos's famous T shirts they'll get the message :p

·
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've just thought, what if he gets them all banned from the site before they have even been there for the first time :eek:mg:

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
l don't know why l bother with YD .....:frown:

Anyhow, l'm not joining you tomorrow, because as you know, l don't do puddles, it's a mate who looks a bit like me, wears a similar drysuit and is also a well 'ard rebreather dive god like me.

·
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well you won't need the Conga Prodders :( but they do have Pike - That bite :eek:mg:

·
The brains & beauty behind 'Kinky Divers'
1,585 Posts
Brief......

Would i be better off doing a separate safety brief about him, and warn them of the dangers of getting an Interwebbythingy dive buddy :confused:

All helpful suggestions welcome :)
Do that!
& tell them that the interwebby thingy had spaces on boats all over the South Coast that they will be able to sign up for once the lakes (sea dives, exams, assesments etc) are over

Oh yes, remind them that attaining DiveGod status (a la Dude) takes LOTS of practice!
Paul Oliver said:
Well you won't need the Conga Prodders
he doesn't have it, we do, it was left behind on Neptune! ;)

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
They call me MR PUDDLE !!!!

Puddle Paul, it's a perfect opportunity to show your students the dangers of kit excess and what can happen if you drift from the enlightened path of BSAC :D

Have a good one and please take some pics ;)

Safe diving,
Steve

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts

·
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
He is going to do Buoyancy practice - so i doubt his weightbelt will make it :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts