YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fancy helping the Pink Coffin appeal? Sounds good?

Fancy saving some money on your monthly bills as well? Sounds better?

My company, IXCG Limited, is an independent distributor for a company called Telecom Plus Plc (trading as Utility Warehouse), a company listed on the UK stock exchange, and as such we are permitted to provide home and business customers with some fantastic savings on their telephone, broadband, gas, electricity and mobile phone tariffs.

So what has this to do with the Pink Coffin appeal? Well, as a distributor we get paid a sign-up bonus for each customer who takes advantage of each of these tariffs and we would like to offer this bonus to the appeal for each YDer who signs up. The bonus isn't much, between £2.50 and £20 per customer, per product but if we could get fifty YDers to take the gas and electricity services, it would raise £250 for the appeal; 50 YDers taking advantage of the incredible value mobile phone tariffs would raise £500 and fifty YDers taking the Broadcall package (which is telephone and broadband - no BT line rental) would raise £1,000 for the appeal. Each user can also take multiple services and so the per YDer bonus would be higher hence more money for the appeal.

So what makes the tariffs so special? Well, as we are Ofgem and Ofcom registered, we are not allowed to give any details on YD (as if someone finds this post later and the prices have changed, it classes as incorrect advertising) but you can sign up and get the prices here.

So whats the catch? Well, there isn't one as most tariffs don't have a minimum contract and switching is easy. So how come the prices are so good? Well, big companies such as British Gas, Vodafone, etc know that people like an easy life and are too lazy to switch tariffs to get a good deal, so they keep their prices high. Telecom Plus know that advertising is expensive so they use independent distributors and use the savings to keep prices low.

Now, this being YD I'm sure there will be someone who comes along and points out that, if you are aged over 90, are called Prunella and live in the Outer Hebrides then your gas may cost .5p per unit less every third Sunday of the month. To these people I'd like to point out that a) its the total bill cost thats important (and that the more services you take, the bigger the total savings you will make and b)its about raising money for the appeal.

Still not sure? Thats understandable, but if you are in that camp, please try the services for three months and, if you are not satisfied then change back to your old supplier and you will still have raised some money for the appeal.

PS A big thanks to Andy and Jay for letting us use YD to help raise some money for Chris's memory.

PPS If you sign up, then please pop your name below. If its not you real name and you don't want to give it online then please PM me so I can get the funds allocated.

1,
2,
3,
4,
5,
 

·
Utrinque Paratus
Joined
·
6,077 Posts
looking at the phone costs they are high compared to *** 1.25ppm local and national and other company's on U switch and the mobiles are about 10% more expensive than others.

there are cheaper company's than this but they wont donate, however buy a phone on carphone warehouse and donate the £20 yourself

Graham
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
milldog said:
looking at the phone costs they are high compared to *** 1.25ppm local and national and other company's on U switch and the mobiles are about 10% more expensive than others.

there are cheaper company's than this but they wont donate, however buy a phone on carphone warehouse and donate the £20 yourself
Oh dear, I was expecting the YD effect but not this soon! :D

So, without trying the services (and raising some money for the appeal while you do so), you are saying that, in your oppinion and that of a web site which only lists the tarrifs of utility companies which pay it to, that some tarrifs may work out more expensive on a direct pence per minute basis? Have you taken in to factors such as the included calls? That you get more savings the more you save? That options are available to make mobile and international calls cheaper? That the tarrif you are suggesting people switch too is charged per minute rather than per second? That the money you are suggestine people donate is less than what we are offering?

I'm not going to stand here and waffle on about the theoretical difference between services as the only real way you will find out is to try them (and raise some money for the appeal at the same time). All I will say is that I use the services myself, my friends and family do as well and, as I have friends on YD, I wouldn't be offering them on here unless I felt they were excellent value and provide a brilliant way to help Chris' memory live on.

So again, all I'm asking is that if you are an open minded person, please try the services and if you are not satisfied then you are feww to switch back and you will have helped the appeal at the same time. If you are not an open minded person and are not willing to try the services then don't knock them and spoil opther people's chances of saving some money and helping a very worthy cause at the same time.
 

·
Utrinque Paratus
Joined
·
6,077 Posts
Fathoms Down said:
Oh dear, I was expecting the YD effect but not this soon! :D

So, without trying the services (and raising some money for the appeal while you do so), you are saying that, in your oppinion and that of a web site which only lists the tarrifs of utility companies which pay it to, that some tarrifs may work out more expensive on a direct pence per minute basis? Have you taken in to factors such as the included calls? That you get more savings the more you save? That options are available to make mobile and international calls cheaper? That the tarrif you are suggesting people switch too is charged per minute rather than per second? That the money you are suggestine people donate is less than what we are offering?

I'm not going to stand here and waffle on about the theoretical difference between services as the only real way you will find out is to try them (and raise some money for the appeal at the same time). All I will say is that I use the services myself, my friends and family do as well and, as I have friends on YD, I wouldn't be offering them on here unless I felt they were excellent value and provide a brilliant way to help Chris' memory live on.

So again, all I'm asking is that if you are an open minded person, please try the services and if you are not satisfied then you are feww to switch back and you will have helped the appeal at the same time. If you are not an open minded person and are not willing to try the services then don't knock them and spoil opther people's chances of saving some money and helping a very worthy cause at the same time.
Being in this business for 9 years i do have the calculator programs to look at this and it's expensive sorry :frown: i sell minutes etc but i have brought a business VoIP box and line and call any country for there local rate about .07 ppm also States, Aus and most of Europe is Free and if anyone is using VoIP like the BT option or Sky all of them calls are Free

As for the mobile packages i Know of some really good ones I.E. 400 min cross network 100 texts and 25 min video download Free for a year no rental nothing and as long as you don't got over the allotted min etc you don't pay a penny and i would get £50 kick back for that!

These tariffs are available but i wouldn't advertise them here as i have some good friends and if they changed and got bad service which does happen no matter how good the company is, the repercussions would not be worth it, i was looking at doing a YD mobile package but after looking at the details i could give them a phone for free and get them a better deal.

as for the "brilliant way to help Chris' memory live on" make a company donation it's tax deductable i do this for the RNLI, NSPCC, and the SSAFA,

Graham
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Graham, I'm not being rude but you are aguing a point over something which you don't seem to understand, its not possible to say "x is better than y" for different tarrifs as you do not know what a customers usage will be any any given time. Add in to that the multi service element and the only accurate way to see if bills are cheaper for a user is to let them try the service and see for themselves. This is what we are offering. As an asside, the consumer's association (who produce Which? magazine) rate this company highly so, again, people can switch with confidence.

Secondly this is a CPS based, home user service which allows users to switch seamlessly and keep their existing numbers. VoIP and business solutions are irrelivent.

milldog said:
as for the "brilliant way to help Chris' memory live on" make a company donation it's tax deductable i do this for the RNLI, NSPCC, and the SSAFA,
And this is what we are going to be doing for the Pink Coffin appeal.

If you really want to have an argument then please take it to another thread; this one is about a fundraising offer so its really not the place.
 

·
Utrinque Paratus
Joined
·
6,077 Posts
from the emails and PM's i have been getting i thought it would be better to answer on line

but you have a PM now

all the services i have mentioned are for residential use i will always tell people to shop around in this competitive market for the best deal and play on off the other to get a better offer

if you like i could list 10 company's that would do this, considering that a company buys minute in for .05 and sells them for 2.5ppm 400% profit!! so lets not kid ourselves here shall we

Graham
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top