YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just checked the coverage for Scapa on the Orange site and it says zero and unlikely to be able to make/recieve texts and calls :(

Is this right, and if not has anyone managed to use their Orange network phone over there?

Thanks in advance.

·
Still young enough to know everything
4,001 Posts
Hi all, just checked the coverage for Scapa on the Orange site and it says zero and unlikely to be able to make/recieve texts and calls :(

Is this right, and if not has anyone managed to use their Orange network phone over there?

Thanks in advance.
Both times when I went to Orkney I was on Orange and the signal was poor. On the Orkney mainland, you have to be really lucky to get any signal at all. However, I found then when out in the Flow I always had virtually full signal, so either make all of your calls in between dives or buy a cheap O2 or Vodafone sim :) Our friend with us had vodafone and consequently his phone was always being used between us, so he barely ever got chance to call anyone:D

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers guys I never had a problem the last 5 times on 02 there but I've recently gone on a contract with Orange so would be reluctant to pay twice ;)

Thanks again.

·
Like a Pie-eating Ninja
680 Posts
Vodaphone seems to work well in Stromness, with the only two places that it does not work being the Ferry Inn and The Royal Hotel (sometimes a good thing :) ). We have since moved the office to the upstairs bar of The Stromness hotel :)

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
i know what ya meen when you say your reluctant to pay twice steve

and know if i was going somewhere and needed good coverage i would

rather pay for a £10 top up on a pay as you go sim than go without

the ability to be able to be in contact with other family members

all my imidiate family are on o2, so its the network of choice.

hope you get sorted steve

best wishes as always leigh

·
No social integrator
4,457 Posts
Same for my Orange phone - couldn't get a decent signal anywhere. Ended up having to use the payphone (the horror :)).

Reactions: Steve Summers

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Steve,

You can get Orange to work but you have to walk up to the school and hang around.... not a good thing to do during the day I would suggest. O2 works fine.

I bought a pay-as-you-go O2 phone specifically for my annual trip to scapa. Cheap as chips from Tesco.

John

·
Please delete all my posts
12,604 Posts
what abou roaming ? ask orage what the roaming costs are and how to set the phone to do it.

Reactions: Steve Summers
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.