their are shore dives in filey bay just off the brigg olso
flamborough head and thornwick bay its just a case of viz
and tides dont do much shore diving myself but know when and wear to go from

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Did he say 'wrecks'??

Right, that's it. Suggested dates chaps??

Aren't we supposed to have a dive-date in the diary for 21st and 22nd Sept?? Then why don't we take a mosey on over to Peter's gaff and test the water.....and the wrecks!!

Are we there yet??

(Edited by Bren Tierney at 11:13 am on Sep. 7, 2002)

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

hellom peter

sorry i missed you today but i was grafting.  see firemen work sundays too!!  call me tonite if yo get this or tomorrow.  jay - 3000 posts mate, congratulations.  long live yd!!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

When Peter first joined YD I went to look at his profile as I quite often do with new members (Ok so I'm a sad tw*t) and when I did I read his comments about what he could offer to the group, so I sent him a private message suggesting that he should introduce himself and repeat his comments publicly, well as you know, he did, and as I expected everyone was quite pleased to see another member with local knowledge and even more to offer the group, well tonight I've just recieved a reply from Peter and thought I'd just cut and paste it here (I hope you don't mind Peter, although I have a feeling you won't) so here it is....

Thanks for welcome dave,i only came across this site by chance and am quite impressed with it .as for the diving this is just an idea that i have come up with as an alternative from taking in holiday makers, basicly i have just bought a house on the primrose valley holiday estate it has 2 self contained flats with it that will sleep up to about 8 comfortable .it has 2 drive ways that will store 2 ribs and up to 5 veichals there is a secure brick built garage that could be used as a drying room at the moment i can get air fills from filey club house about 2 miles away but i am hoping to get my own compressor soon i olso have a 8 birth 3 bedroom luxury caravan on the estate that could olso take divers .the diving is exalent around here but the the viz and sea state is very unpredictable i have contacts to find out what the viz is like , up to now there as been 6 to 7 meters about 5 miles out 30m range but if your planning a trip the viz can not be guarenteed any way if the diving is a wash out the night life is exelant thats all for now mate if you want to contact me on the phone for more info tel 01723 514351 please feel free to pass this info on to anyone else thanks pete;

So... There it is.. I've passed on the info.. I think its good stuff and hopefully we might partake of Petes services in the not too distant future... Whats the general concensus?? The floor is open to questions... Pete, please stand up!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Imported post

I think he must be a splendid chap.

Any dates for a couple of days over there would be great apart from, alas, the 20-22 Sept (Munich Beer Festival) but I am up for anything else!

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Like I siad, He said 'wrecks', right!? Then let us get our arses over there and go plenty. Virtually equi-distant for everyone here, except some of the southern troop - but hey, if they want it badly enough (just like me and Abbs) they'll make the trip.

Let's do a hook up (as a work out dive) at Pete's gaff. One or two days. I can bring my own gas for the 1st day's dives (2 or 3) and then fill for the next day's dives.

Are we going to do the necessary and book this? It would be rude not to. Some of you might have dived this neck of the woods, but (and I'm guessing here) most might have not. If it's got wrecks, then we need to give it a butcher's.

All those in favour say Aye and state your dates. Shore dives if no slack!! Let's get wet.

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Welcome aboard Peter.  Always room for more here, look forward to reading your posts.  Take care and dive safely.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Imported post

hi all ,just letting you all know that hopefully i will be diving this coming weekend weather permiting we are diving a wreck 5 miles out of scarborough in about 40m anyone wanting to follow us is quite welcome , as for accomodation i have the 3 bed 8 birth birth caravan on primrose valley
air fills and rib storage price £200  for the weekend tel pete 01723 514351

·
Registered
377 Posts
Imported post

Any chance of joining on a trip ( or two ) any day this weekend - may be two or three of me ? ( depending on dragonettes and falcons.
Dont really want to stop overnite if possible

·
Registered
15 Posts
Imported post

Count me in. I am a bit busy with fundraising at the moment but if I am free I try to make it. Let me know some dates.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Imported post

Hi Peter!
Welcome to YD! I have a feeling you are going to be pretty busy throughout next summer with 000's of visits being made. Your set up sounds terrific - I hope you do really well. I'd love to come across 21/22 Sep - the only problem is that I'm novice OW diver and currently limited to 18m. It would be great if there were other newly qualified guys going over too because I don't want to be holding anyone back on deeper wreck dives. I'll keep an eye out on the boards for dates/times etc.
Cheers
John

1 - 19 of 19 Posts