YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Utrinque Paratus
6,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few people have dived on Smudgers boat and mentioned how well setup it is for divers so PLM took these and i thought they would show you the setup

rear with lift and loading side entrance

Front with bunks at the front Dry area the cabin is a wet area

theres also hot and cold hoses on board the hot is fresh water so you can clean your kit off after the dive, theres also a 80% drop tank large toilet (electric) and tea and coffee on tap with pasties for lunch :)

i think he doesn't do it justice so i thought I'd mention it, and he doesn't answer the phone and leave you waiting on the lift :wink:

Graham

Reactions: 3141592654

·
One half of team dip sh!t
1,638 Posts
I have used Smudgers boat once on the Salsette/sea bed trip, and its the cleanest shinest boat i have been on. good crew and very well set up.

and the tea flows all day long :thumbsup: :cup:

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Milldog said:
i think he doesn't do it justice so i thought I'd mention it, and he doesn't answer the phone and leave you waiting on the lift
I've not dived off it yet, but think i need to sort that out :)

Always good when the Skipper pays attention to what the divers are doing ;)

·
Wreck Ferret 1
1,021 Posts
This is a top boat, plenty of room and skippers not bad either ;-)

Well worth the trek down to Weymouth.

Ron

·
beyond a mid-life crises into complete insanity!
1,394 Posts
I have used Smudges boat once or twice

He aint a bad skipper

Of course things are a lot better when Helena is on the boat :teeth:

·
I like my login so much I put my name on it...
1,451 Posts
This boat is possibly the worst boat that I have ever been on, I wouldn't pee on the skipper if he was on fire :angry:

Lloyd

P.S. If that hasn't put you off, when booking please be kind enough to leave at least one place for me :) Honestly though awesome boat, great crew :teeth:

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
One of my friends said of Scimitar: "It's got the nicest toilet of any boat I've every been on"

So there you have it. If you want a good head, dive from Scimitar...

dan

·
Team Starburst
5,275 Posts
Bungy clips

If I remember I will post a pc of the bungy solution for holding kit in place. Simple and stunningly effective. Even I could use it correctly, at the second attempt of course.

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
If I remember I will post a pc of the bungy solution for holding kit in place. Simple and stunningly effective. Even I could use it correctly, at the second attempt of course.
So good I bought a few from him :D just to echo the above comments we had a top experience on our 3 days in Easter diving from Scimitar.

Safe diving,
Steve

·
Registered
220 Posts
One of my friends said of Scimitar: "It's got the nicest toilet of any boat I've every been on"

So there you have it. If you want a good head, dive from Scimitar...

dan
Just to be clear, that's "A good head". Not "good head". Which is also good, but an extra service incurring additional charges, depending on whether you like it with or without bungees. :angel:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Couldn't agree more. Been on Scimitar a few times - great boat and great crew. And the head is fantastic! Plenty of room for the girls to keep our wooly bears and drysuits out of the boys' p**s, without having to be a contortionist :D !!!

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
...the head is fantastic! Plenty of room for the girls to keep our wooly bears and drysuits out of the boys' p**s, without having to be a contortionist :D !!!
I didn't know Smudge had fitted a ladyshave in there, the last time I looked there wasn't one :D

·
Registered
143 Posts
I didn't know Smudge had fitted a ladyshave in there, the last time I looked there wasn't one :D
One has to keep neat and tidy - all that stripping off in front of the boys ;)

I'm sure if you asked nicely Smudge would let you use it too :D

·
Finally not a new member
270 Posts
Just to be clear, that's "A good head". Not "good head". Which is also good, but an extra service incurring additional charges, depending on whether you like it with or without bungees. :angel:[/QUOTE]

Gesssssssssssssssssss your asking for trouble. You know Glover the Lover lurks on here and hes always looking for a little extra.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
I totally agree. The big strength of Smudges boat is how much effort he has put into thinking things through to make life as easy as possible for the divers.

I wrote a piece about a winter dive here if you are interested in a more detailed read about the boat.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts