YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
aka,,, Tom Thompson
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi , im doing the vr3 trade in thing , would anyone on here have a scrap computer they dont want and would be willing to sell or donate so i could use it as a trade in , age /condition not important. could do an rnli donation , or send a few quid to sort out postage.
thanks in advance.

·
aka,,, Tom Thompson
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
may be worth a try , ive allready spoken with vr , so just to play fair ill try and play by their rules ,,,, then go to divers warehouse ,, thanks for the tip though.

·
dude
96 Posts
how did you get on ? I am thinking of doing this trade in thingy. I have an old broken suunto solution, which I flooded years ago. Does this offer now bring down the 2nd hand value of all vr3s ? Probably.

·
aka,,, Tom Thompson
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how did you get on ? I am thinking of doing this trade in thingy. I have an old broken suunto solution, which I flooded years ago. Does this offer now bring down the 2nd hand value of all vr3s ? Probably.
ive not found anyone wanting to donate , or sell at humble cash a flooded knackered anything , well not yet ,,, has it affected second hand prices ,,, well , the vr3 i bought cheap a few months ago looks dear now by comparrison , and the one i have just sold went for less than the upgraded pin i put in it ,,,, so , in a word ,,, yes ... lol . but having said that ,
the guy who bought my old colour everything unlocked computer for less than the price of a viper ,, sold his black and white vr everything unlocked for less than the price of a secondhand gekko ,,,
or ,, look at it this way , everyone in the chain upgraded for a couple of hundred quid.
still looking for a scrumper ,,,
bump ,,lol

·
aka,,, Tom Thompson
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi , yes , ,,, but its a sin to throw in something that works ,,,lol , and im trying to invest the extra fifty quid in something else ,,, but thats another story ..
something old knackered and flooded ,,, sorta like woz , but with batterys

·
aka,,, Tom Thompson
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
shameless sunday afternoon bump ,,, before i go diving again today ,,, alistor for half three this aft , it was the pins yhis morn.

·
Winding up the precious since 2009
2,988 Posts
Oh go on then, I bought a new battery for the ancient Aladdin I got with the infamous £500 ebay bag o' crap but even if I do change it I wouldn't trust it and don't feel I could in conscience Ebay it so if you PM your address I'll try and get it out to you (assuming I can find it).

·
aka,,, Tom Thompson
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh go on then, I bought a new battery for the ancient Aladdin I got with the infamous £500 ebay bag o' crap but even if I do change it I wouldn't trust it and don't feel I could in conscience Ebay it so if you PM your address I'll try and get it out to you (assuming I can find it).
yeee ha ,,, im in business ,,,, elvis lives ,, ill pm you an address
many thanks ,,,

·
an unconstructed man
292 Posts
just out of interest do you think dive warehouse would take a perfectly functional uwatec timer i use as a back up for my vr3 i would really like a pair of vr,s then i can dump the tables cheers in advance rob

·
Winding up the precious since 2009
2,988 Posts
Wait please don't tell me that you are planning on handing this computer into Divers Warehouse, given I literally carried it into their when I was getting some fills before going to the post office!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.