YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to put a wedding gallery together and the little tool I want to use requires a listing of the files and captions in the following format.

<image>
<filename>DSCF2545-agi straight on.jpg</filename>
<caption>Agi</caption>
</image>
<image>
<filename>DSCF2528-8bit.jpg</filename>
<caption>Agi</caption>
</image>
<image>
<filename>DSCF0150.jpg</filename>
<caption>Matt</caption>
</image>
<image>
<filename>DSCF0225-helen-hair-flying.jpg</filename>
<caption>Helen</caption>
</image>
For my website I did this manually which wasn't too bad, but when I am going to have 300 images, I don't want to have to do this manually.

What I want is for a script which will read a directory in windows and then output the results as
<image>
<filename>filename.jpg</filename>
<caption>filename</caption>
</image>
Is this possible and does a simple tool exist to allow me to do this?

Regards

·
"Look mate, the problem's between the user and the
2,711 Posts
I am about to put a wedding gallery together and the little tool I want to use requires a listing of the files and captions in the following format.

For my website I did this manually which wasn't too bad, but when I am going to have 300 images, I don't want to have to do this manually.

What I want is for a script which will read a directory in windows and then output the results as

Regards
could be done in excel with vba, a dir command (or two) and some parsing of the file name......

am off out but may have some time later....

Cheers
Neil

·
2,711 Posts
Gloc...

pm incomming

Reactions: GLOC

·
Registered
1,707 Posts

Regards
Gareth,

If Neil hasn't sorted you out, I could knock something up in a couple of minutes.

Cheers/Nic

·
I like my login so much I put my name on it...
1,451 Posts
Was about to offer the same... :)

Other alternative, especially as you are uploading lots of images is to use something like Flickr.com, and use the api to put the content into your website. This is what I did with my own site well I cheated I used open source, but if you look at the gallery on Cardiff Scuba's site Cardiff Scuba - Photo Gallery Page I wrote a custom API link for them :)

Lloyd

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Nic and Lloyd.

I want to try and keep the feel of the galleries as the same as my main webiste, I will just increase the number of images in the grid.

I am sure Neil will produce the goods :)

Regards

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Worked a treat thanks Neil. Green incoming.

Nic and Lloyd you can have one too for offering :)

·
2,711 Posts
if you need it tidying up, please let me know...

cheers
Neil

p.s. thanks for the green!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts