YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
aka Chimp 1 or Mavis...
10,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted on behalf of FijiDave's Mate

In association with both Newcastle (UK) and Bremen (Germany) Univeristies I am researching the effectiveness of marine education and awareness for recreational scuba divers in enhancing enjoyment and preventing coral damage. A key aim of the project is to establish the ways in which you, as divers, would want marine education and awareness provided while on holiday - your views and thoughts are important!

It would be very helpful and kind of you if you could spare no more than 15 minutes (depending on how much you wish to say!) to answer the questions below.

Your responses will be anonymous. If you would like to discuss issues related to this project please contact me at [email protected]

Thank you very much for your time.

Abbie Hine MSc
(Tropical Marine Educator and Researcher)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you want to see what Abbie has been upto, look here

Regards

·
Dive tart, just can't say no :-)
9,453 Posts
Done, looks to me like that kind of info would be useful to tour operators and dive operators all over the world. Sort of give me your watch and I'll tell you the time consultancy that has real value.

Pete

·
The worlds slowest sailor.
2,970 Posts
Done great survey, I would like to think it would help encourage an increase in marine awareness and conservation among divers.
Doug
i would like to think that it may help bouyancy control.

·
bleedingheartliberalpcgon emadtreehuggingdogooder
1,135 Posts
I asked Jay and the admins to put the thread in to help out Abbie with her research.

Cheers for all the responses guys, keep them coming and if you know any other divers who are not on YD then feel fee to forward it on to them ( and then ask them why they aren't on YD!)

Keep the responses coming in, Abbie's after about 1000 responses in total, so every one will be a big help with her research.

Cheers
Dave

·
New Member ? Its the same one i've always had
704 Posts
done!

Reactions: Fiji Dave

·
The smell of freshly turned delrin is more powerfu
3,173 Posts
done..... hope it helps

David

Reactions: Fiji Dave

·
Registered
175 Posts
:frown: I started but couldn't complete it as I've never dived in the tropics or anywhere with coral, unless dead mens fingers count ??

Cheers

Andy

Reactions: jimbob
1 - 20 of 44 Posts