YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Mask Clearing Drills

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I came across this somewhere.....still cannot believe someone did this...

Trainee divers sometimes have unusual ways of interpreting diving skills. BSAC Advanced Instructor Paul Morley explains:
"I had two novices in a pool. They were both kneeling in front of me, and I did a demonstration of mask-clearing. I looked at the first student and he did it fine; I looked at the second one and he got hold of the mask, stretched the strap and let the mask smack back onto his face.
"His mask was filled with water and his eyes were bulging. Then I noticed that the water level was dropping in his mask, but he didn't appear to be doing anything. It was like watching water going down in a cistern, but I couldn't see any bubbles. He cleared his mask but he had this fixed expression, and I gave the signal to surface.
"I got him to the side of the pool and asked: 'Did you do what I think you did?' and he just grunted. I couldn't believe it. He had snorted the water in his mask up through his nose and blown it out through his reg!"

·
Part of the 'Phoenix Programme'
1,112 Posts
Imported post

Dear Torbaydiver

Unhappily, this is not that uncommon!

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Looks like a potential Darwin Award winner in the making!

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

Bet that cleared his sinuses out.

Also, not that I would want to, but I don't think I could do that.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Is that not how you're supposed to do it?

Peter

·
Registered
797 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Pog, worse still it was a local school. So you can imagine what else was in the water from all those snotty nosed pre-pubescent kids.

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>hey , if it works don't knock it ,,,,,,,

Double Mc BOOGIE'S

ANdy

·
Registered
381 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mary @ Jan. 05 2004,21:20)]but just think fish shag in that water
<font color='#000080'>Not to mention any other bodily functions ......

·
Registered
755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>I'm sure we can think of a new pub drinking game based on this - fill your mask with Old Peculiar .......

·
"hardly ever here"
799 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mary @ Jan. 05 2004,21:20)]but just think fish shag in that water
in a swimming pool?!  

sure you haven't been going to the pub before the pool instead of after, mary?! pretty sure there weren't any fish in there last time i checked.

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Mary,

That girl Porg is a bad influence on you! I remember that you were a lovely, sweet young woman last time we met and now look at you - just dragging every conversation right into the gutter!

At this rate you'll soon be as depraved as she is!

Good girl!!  

·
"hardly ever here"
799 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mark Davies @ Jan. 06 2004,13:26)]Mary,

That girl Porg is a bad influence on you! I remember that you were a lovely, sweet young woman last time we met and now look at you - just dragging every conversation right into the gutter!

At this rate you'll soon be as depraved as she is!

Good girl!!  
<font color='#000080'>no no, that must have been a different mary. this one's never been sweet and innocent

.....unless - you didn't meet her before she joined our dive club did you?  

1 - 17 of 17 Posts