YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Is fully Mod 1'd up
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondered if someone can help

I thought I would be clever and swap the sides which the low pressure hose goes in. took everything to bits and found there was something in the original side that i didnt know how to remove... bugger. So i put it back together and now i have an o-ring that i dont know where it belongs.....bugger again

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Adam

·
Is fully Mod 1'd up
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
think I've found a home for the o-ring...I think it goes on the threaded stem that pokes out of the second stage, there seems to be a space for it. Still need to know how to swap the hose to the other side though ??
The oring was a little bigger but thinner than a normal cylinder oring
Cheers

Adam

·
Mod 2.5 apparently
703 Posts
Dont think you can swap sides have to get an apex xtx for that.

Reactions: adamr

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Yes you can, remove plastic blanking plug from side , remove face plate and diaphragm, undo nut on valve and pull through , remove plastic plug on valve and replace on opposite side , replace in side that you have taken blanking plug from put blanking plug into space that valve was in checking "o" ring is there , do up nut on valve replace diaphragm and face plate. Check for leaks.

·
Mod 2.5 apparently
703 Posts
I stand corrected as my wife reminds me !!

·
Is fully Mod 1'd up
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How does the faceplate come off ?

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Remove small lock pin on side of reg and grip faceplate and twist, but to be honest if your not sure probably better to let some one who has done it before to show you or do it for you.

·
Proven ability to roll with it.
2,293 Posts
From memory you twist it really hard, then result to sticking something through the face plate (taking care not to pierce the diaphram) to give you some leverage.

One you've forced it off you'll find it had a grub screw that was stopping it turning and that had you removed this it would have come off quite easily.

Reactions: Finless

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
OK I give up. Faceplate off, blanking plug out. How do you pull the valve out?
Don't be obtuse Woz, you engineering type person you. undo the retaining nut on the valve, it is actually part of the tube assembly that the face seal sits in, the lever assembly then is removed inwards through the reg body.:)

·
Please delete all my posts
12,604 Posts
The 'R' stands for 'reversible'. The clue's in the name ;)
I said this once and got corrected by a dangly necklace, sorry pendant, sorry Pedant. its the designers surname initial I beleive. I read it on the internet so it must be true.

·
All hail the mighty ZOM
26,851 Posts
Don't be obtuse Woz, you engineering type person you. undo the retaining nut on the valve, it is actually part of the tube assembly that the face seal sits in, the lever assembly then is removed inwards through the reg body.:)
Ahhhhhh many apologies I was being a Puff With the Spanner.

·
Is fully Mod 1'd up
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
All sorted.

You simply have to push the valve from the other end and you dont need to touch the lever.....

Gave it a test breathe and it seems to be working, couldnt hear any noticable leaks.

Thanks for everyones help

Adam

·
Utrinque Paratus
6,077 Posts
just take another one apart and then you'll find it :)

·
Is fully Mod 1'd up
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
there is a ring that holds the diaphragm in place, i trust its ok just to push it in instead of turning it? I could start it off so just pushed it as far as it would go ??

Thanks

Adam

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Yes the ring on the 190 just pushes in , but later models have a locating tag that has to be lined up with the corresponding hole in the reg body.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts