YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I received a phone call from a diving buddy of mine at six o'clock this morning telling me to check the news as apparently the Scylla has resurfaced !
No that can't be I thought must be a wind up, but I checked sky News anyway, nothing reported, checked the Internet news, nothing!  Well something is bound to be on this diving forum, nothing!
Ah ha April fools, but that was yesterday, phoned my mate and apparently he heard it on the news last night!
I wonder how many people fell for that, well I sort of believed it, but then I'm very gullible !
Anybody else see that?

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

No and apparently you are!

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

My evening paper says that she has. Something to do with air pockets in the hull made her turn turtle and pop up. There's now an operation going on to secure her to stop drifting. Then they're going to start blowing holes in the hull to re-sink her. Chances are she'll remain turtled now though.

Should've called the Germans!
Peter

·
Banned
7,008 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#8D38C9'>b*****t

if it had enough air in it to refloat it then it would not of sunk

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

Check out the ARC web site. I cut and pasted the following which says she is still upright. Per the ARC web site she is still upright with a 15 deg list.

ARC AMONGST FIRST TO DIVE SCYLLA
The Artificial Reef Consortium (ARC) where amongst the first divers to dive Scylla on Monday morning.
30th March 2004
more.

SCYLLA CLOSED TO DIVERS UNTIL MONDAY 29th MARCH
Syclla is suffering from trapped wind (poor old girl). Navy Divers hope to resolve the problem today (Sunday 28th).
28th March 2004
more

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Are you telling me she has Gas Bubbles AKA THE BENDS!!!

I don't beleve it

Paul

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>Duno about that Paul but somthins bent. reckon it's the story.

cos surprise surprise cila came to tea last nite.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts