YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
For the dives where one helicopter isn't enough
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Seen the blue cables around the wreck - but has anybody heard a date for when the webcams will be online. I thought someone had mentioned 17th April, but there's nothing at the Scylla Website.

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

I phoned the Artificial Reef Consortium (Nick Murns) and, although not responsible in any way for the web cameras, it is now expected to happen within the next 3 to 4 weeks. I got the impression that it is an ongoing project which is liable to throw up unforseen problems along the way and may be delayed further.

A case of "watch this (that?) space"

G

·
Imported post

Aparently PADI has just announced a WebCam Removal Speciality, a variation on the crowbar and hammer course, but now including a pair of pliers

wwd

sorry to offend any PADI people, it was only a joke

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Besides, why do it as a PADI speciality course when it's a manditory part of BSAC Ocean Diver....

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (warmwaterdiver @ April 21 2004,15:08)]sorry to offend any PADI people, it was only a joke
WARMWATERDIVER - I am originally a PADI diver and YOU ARE A COMPLETE AND UTTER BASTARD !!!!!

I was just going to ring my LDS to enquire abt the course when I read the end of your post.  

·
Banned
1,793 Posts
Imported post

The webcams have been supplied (not fitted).  The delay is in building the servers (also already supplied) at the other end.

Really can't see webcams lasting long onboard...

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Besides, why do it as a PADI speciality course when it's a manditory part of BSAC Ocean Diver....  
BSAC price - free, included with ocean diver course, possibility of beer costs after bribing dinosaur to lend you his lump hammer and crowbar.

PADI price - £300 exluding transport, air, accomodation, boat costs, instructors diving, instructors air, tool purchase and of course the certificate.

Paul

·
For the dives where one helicopter isn't enough
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Paul Beal @ April 21 2004,16:35)]PADI price - £300 exluding transport, air, accomodation, boat costs, instructors diving, instructors air, tool purchase and of course the certificate.

Sorry but it's going to be more than that - you forgot that as a pre-requisite you'll have to be qualified as a Boat Diver - unless you want a very long swim, in which case we'd better do a special deal including Underwater Navigation !!

(hey, I'm allowed to do this - I teach these courses
OK, I'll rephrase that - I could teach these courses
)

·
Mark W
4,887 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ahar @ April 21 2004,18:12)]You forgot sew on badge fee
Hehehehe.

That reminds me of someone a few years ago that I heard about whos' Mrs (who was a non-diver) thought their hubby would really like it if she sewed the badges onto his membrane DUI drysuit.

Of course, black witch could fix it, but he was hopping mad!

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sch @ April 21 2004,16:47)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Paul Beal @ April 21 2004,16:35)]PADI price - £300 exluding transport, air, accomodation, boat costs, instructors diving, instructors air, tool purchase and of course the certificate.

Sorry but it's going to be more than that - you forgot that as a pre-requisite you'll have to be qualified as a Boat Diver - unless you want a very long swim, in which case we'd better do a special deal including Underwater Navigation !!

(hey, I'm allowed to do this - I teach these courses
OK, I'll rephrase that - I could teach these courses
)
"Deep" diver, £100
"Wreck" diver £100
"Reef" diver £100
"Webcam" diver £200
"Frigate Identification Certificate" £20

Sorry, I couldn't keep my hands off it!!  

And anyway, Whats the point in a BSAC diver diving on a ship someone has already made holes in? It's like throwing stones at broken bottles.  

Take it like a Man - whatever your persuasion. (Honest I'm not gay!)

James  

·
Registered
280 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>rmove then quickly get an air chisel
another 200 quid course

the wreck will be a padi dived wreck
left no brass on for us bsac boys
nowt to find no point going

1 - 14 of 14 Posts