YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
For the dives where one helicopter isn't enough
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Seen the blue cables around the wreck - but has anybody heard a date for when the webcams will be online. I thought someone had mentioned 17th April, but there's nothing at the Scylla Website.

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

I phoned the Artificial Reef Consortium (Nick Murns) and, although not responsible in any way for the web cameras, it is now expected to happen within the next 3 to 4 weeks. I got the impression that it is an ongoing project which is liable to throw up unforseen problems along the way and may be delayed further.

A case of "watch this (that?) space"

G

·
Imported post

Aparently PADI has just announced a WebCam Removal Speciality, a variation on the crowbar and hammer course, but now including a pair of pliers

wwd

sorry to offend any PADI people, it was only a joke

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (warmwaterdiver @ April 21 2004,15:08)]sorry to offend any PADI people, it was only a joke
WARMWATERDIVER - I am originally a PADI diver and YOU ARE A COMPLETE AND UTTER BASTARD !!!!!

I was just going to ring my LDS to enquire abt the course when I read the end of your post.  

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Besides, why do it as a PADI speciality course when it's a manditory part of BSAC Ocean Diver....  
BSAC price - free, included with ocean diver course, possibility of beer costs after bribing dinosaur to lend you his lump hammer and crowbar.

PADI price - £300 exluding transport, air, accomodation, boat costs, instructors diving, instructors air, tool purchase and of course the certificate.

Paul

·
For the dives where one helicopter isn't enough
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Paul Beal @ April 21 2004,16:35)]PADI price - £300 exluding transport, air, accomodation, boat costs, instructors diving, instructors air, tool purchase and of course the certificate.

Sorry but it's going to be more than that - you forgot that as a pre-requisite you'll have to be qualified as a Boat Diver - unless you want a very long swim, in which case we'd better do a special deal including Underwater Navigation !!

(hey, I'm allowed to do this - I teach these courses
OK, I'll rephrase that - I could teach these courses
)

·
Mark W
4,887 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ahar @ April 21 2004,18:12)]You forgot sew on badge fee
Hehehehe.

That reminds me of someone a few years ago that I heard about whos' Mrs (who was a non-diver) thought their hubby would really like it if she sewed the badges onto his membrane DUI drysuit.

Of course, black witch could fix it, but he was hopping mad!

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sch @ April 21 2004,16:47)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Paul Beal @ April 21 2004,16:35)]PADI price - £300 exluding transport, air, accomodation, boat costs, instructors diving, instructors air, tool purchase and of course the certificate.

Sorry but it's going to be more than that - you forgot that as a pre-requisite you'll have to be qualified as a Boat Diver - unless you want a very long swim, in which case we'd better do a special deal including Underwater Navigation !!

(hey, I'm allowed to do this - I teach these courses
OK, I'll rephrase that - I could teach these courses
)
"Deep" diver, £100
"Wreck" diver £100
"Reef" diver £100
"Webcam" diver £200
"Frigate Identification Certificate" £20

Sorry, I couldn't keep my hands off it!!  

And anyway, Whats the point in a BSAC diver diving on a ship someone has already made holes in? It's like throwing stones at broken bottles.  

Take it like a Man - whatever your persuasion. (Honest I'm not gay!)

James  

·
Registered
280 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>rmove then quickly get an air chisel
another 200 quid course

the wreck will be a padi dived wreck
left no brass on for us bsac boys
nowt to find no point going

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.