YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Respected Wreck-diving Author & Resident Farnes Ex
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi Guys

Just in case those of you that have not set off for any trips to the Farnes etc, and haven't noticed yet, the sea is quite rough now, it's blowing fairly strong easterly.

By the way, I'm a Geordie too, just I don't live quite on the doorstep of the Tyne now.

Ron, no good saying cheers

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Yeah, was down Tynemouth today getting fills and checking out the sea state, some white horses to be seen, going to call Graeme to se how it looks from up there at the Farnes, it'll be just my luck, waited ages to dive the farnes and I bet the weather gets the better of us  
 still, here's hoping
Steve

·
Charter Boat Skipper, Salvage Diver & YBOD abuser
1,605 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Yup, done us on N.Anglesey, too.
Sea like a mirror & 12m vis all week, get to Friday and the E.-N.Easterlies arrive. Suppose Treardur Bay would be OK - but that's not the place to be on a bank-holiday weekend.(unless you're big-into posing)

&

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

Sorry to hear you guys have problems. It's perfect diving weather this side of the North Sea. Easterly winds are just what we need. Just thought I'd make you all envious.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#333399'>

sod off john.
did you get my message on Kinetic's thread?
Cheers
Bob.

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Ahh the weather,

We were going to do the Loanda today, a few beginers ready to go out and too much wind.

Training at Larkfield lakes tomorrow, and we were going to do the Channel monday but that dont look to good eather.

Another false start! We will get into the salty water soon.

Regards

Paul

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>

HUHHHHHHHHH   You as well huh Paul, Thought some you and some of your lot was meeting at the coastguard down in the bay today to do the SEA SEARCH thingy ?

Our boat is up and running , taking a load of numpties round into Langdon in the morning,16 in all, not bad huh, from the usual 6........Boat maybe on the Loanda on Monday, depends on the frigging weather as per usual.

ROLL ON NEXT WEEK, back at work getting wet in the deep/dark wet stuff called the North Sea. ( wonder if this job makes me a TRUE YD'er )

Happy Easter to you all,  maybe meet up in the flagship for a pint after diving ,,,,,,,,
?
???/

Andy

·
The Artist formerly known as 'Kirky'
2,228 Posts
Imported post

Porth Diana was flat yesterday until midday then white horses appeared as wind got up.

Vis was 1m - ugh !!!!!

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Seadart Bob @ April 19 2003,23:18)]Did you get my message on Kinetic's thread?
Cheers
Bob.
Just saw it Bob. What size do you need? Mine are medium and I take size 41 shoes. They say the size of your hands, feet and a certain other important part of your anatomy are related
I can't say I've studied that, though. We'll sort the payment part out afterwards. I should be able to get the mitts on Tuesday if you let me know the size. I'll need your postal address too, of course.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#333399'>John
cheers mate
will e-mail with details.
Bob

·
Registered
202 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>devon was gorgeous on thursday and friday, like a millpond and about 10m vizz in the place's i visited, however strong easterly's on friday aft put paid to the rest of the weekend along with an unforseen trip to the hospital.  

regard's

nitrox

1 - 11 of 11 Posts