YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I have this Motor Marine II that has...err...seen better days. The housing (yellow bit) is fine but the camera body inside is not working...doesn't wind on or work the flash. Is there any hope for this or is it useful to anyone. I am back in the UK mid April and could send to someone who has a use for it.

I have a mju400 now so can't be bothered trying to get it fixed. Besides which I used to ruin more pictures with it than I do now with the digi.

pm me if you can use it.

·
iGeek therefore iTrek
3,253 Posts
Imported post

I had an Mx-10 with a similar problem - it was w******d
and it would cost more to fix than to buy a new one - To my mind you have 2 options:

1, bin it
2, flog it on e-bay for spares

HTH,

Noel

·
Registered
62 Posts
Imported post

If you have any additional lenses - especially macro - I'd be happy to take them off your hands in exchange for some readies ( I already have the 20mm wide angle though)

I bought my MMII second hand - in the bag containing the manuals was a receipt for a service and repair job - I can give you the contact details of the bloke that did the work if you like

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

Neil, do you happen to have the 16 mm wide angle lens or colour filter? I'd be interested if you have.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Imported post

Sod off John ! - I asked first - Grrrrrr....

·
Registered
62 Posts
Imported post

ps just messin

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (toby @ Mar. 01 2004,16:22)]ps just messin
OK, Toby, you have first call but I thought you were mainly interested in the macro lenses. I've got both of those.  

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

Sorry gents....got nothing for it. Just the MMII itself.
I have had quotes for fixing but they all work out at much the same as I have paid for my digital. So the thought was that instead of repairing it I would buy some lenses and stobe for the Olympus - the wifes on a two day shopping trip to Dubai so I may have some chance of guilting her into me spending money!

If anyone wants the yellow door stop they are welcome to it....that at least works.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts