YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Notice my avatar. I am hard astern.
9,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LondonSean69 mentioned my love for Hugyfot. There is a distinct reason for this because, quite frankly, I'll use any housing that keeps the water out.
Some of you might have noticed my enthusiasm for the Hugyfot Hugycheck electronic pressure-testing system for ensuring I don't flood my camera. I've bought a lot of different housings in the past and have a lot of ports for them. It is my opinion that the Sea & Sea optical glass dome port (is it Athena?) gives the sharpest results from side-to-side across the frame.

I can now fit it on my Hugyfot housing thanks to a Sea & Sea to Hugyfot converter now made by Hugyfot. (They make other types too.)

Of course, a side effect is that I don't have to buy a macro port for the Hugyfot either, because I've got a Sea & Sea one! Good old Hugy!!!

·
PMs are being edited
9,612 Posts
It's good that manufacturers are waking up to the fact that one of the reasons holding users back from switching brands is the investment in ports.

My investment, thankfully, is quite low, being an Ikelite user :) And whilst the D7000 is a remarkable camera, it's not enough to make me want to splash the cash and upgrade from my D90. Not yet anyway:)

·
Nauticam UK
788 Posts
I've seen two housings with green lights flashing let water in and just heard of a third on Wetpixel... I also saw one flashing red on a safety stop and watched someone bolt to the surface to save their camera only to find that there was no water ingress.

·
Notice my avatar. I am hard astern.
9,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've seen two housings with green lights flashing let water in and just heard of a third on Wetpixel... I also saw one flashing red on a safety stop and watched someone bolt to the surface to save their camera only to find that there was no water ingress.
You'll be telling me next that I should buy a Nauticam that you import!!! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts