YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

Sea & Sea - UK Stockists

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  mikehammer66 
#1 ·
Imported post

Hi

Does anyone know of a UK stockist of Sea & Sea gear?  The closest i've found so far is asking Ocean Optics - they dont list them on their site though.

Also, is their 16mm wide lens worth paying for?  I'm thinking mostly for closeup shots, some things i've read suggest better results (even if just because it forces you to get closer to the subject) whereas other things imply they're only useful for wrecks or area type shots.

Can an underwater colour filter really help?  I've got a lot of photos that are effectively bluescale, which i'd like to avoid next time!

Any help or tips appreciated  

See less See more
#5 ·
Imported post

You are right, it forces you to get closer, but you want to get close in all UW photography.
For close up shots you are probably better of with a 60 or 105 mm lens.
I use Sea&Sea's 20mm lens and am happy with the results I get. Shipwrecks and "Near and Far" compositions work very well with this lens. When I bought my UW photo kit I compared the 15 and 20mm lenses and settled for the 20mm after being adviced that the optics are slightly better in that lens.
What film are you using? Some films give bluer results than others. It's worth testing a few. Try this link: Scuba Diving Film Test.
Personally I prefer Kodak E100SW and Fuji Provia 100.
Mika

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.