YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I'm thinking of buying a 2nd hand BCD

It's a SEAC SUB Pro 2000, alledged to be 6 months old and is ex-dive instructor , it's going for £150

News and views on this BC and comments with regard to price?

Many thanks in advance

Andy

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

Never used one but know a few that have. Good bit of kit, and several mates would reccommend them. But, for £150, you could get yourself a backplate and wing. £35 for the plate, leaving you £115 for a wing. I'm sure you can get one for that. A Redwing is a similar amount, and a TekWing with ABS plate is only £150ish new. With a lifetime guarantee. Just to put some other options your way.

That sort of money seems very reasonable for a good nick BCD like that, though.

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi Andy,

I used one for a while and was pleased with it plenty of lift for a single and pony but with twin10's in anything other than flat calm I felt to low in the water.
It's now been demoted to holiday kit as I upgraded to a wing/backplate, but for that price if you are not going to upgrade in the near future I would buy it.

HTH

Safe diving,
Steve.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

Well I took the plunge and bought it, overall I'm quite happy with it.

Sizing is good, feels comfortable enough in and out of the water, MASSES of lift - this took some getting used to!!!

Only one question, as it was second hand I had to buy a 'generic' inflation hose (I did check that it would be suitable for the BC though) no connection problems and inflation is fine(see previous note). Should I be concerned with this?

I also noted that I needed a few extra kilos to help me sink over the dive school BC's I used in the past.

Stoney Cove was a bit murky last night....

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gibby @ July 17 2003,10:13)]Only one question, as it was second hand I had to buy a 'generic' inflation hose (I did check that it would be suitable for the BC though) no connection problems and inflation is fine(see previous note). Should I be concerned with this?
No reason to be concerned.  As long as it fits and there are no leaks enjoy.

I have what might as well be considered a generic inflation hose and I have used it with a variety of wings, jackets even my drysuit inflator.

EDIT - One thing to add,  make sure you can disconnect the hose from the inflator and reconnect with the hose pressurised on a cylinder.

HTH,
Daz

1 - 5 of 5 Posts