YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came into work this morning to find that we have managed to pull a seal into our sea water intake at Dungeness B power station. This has happened previously and made the national news. The British Divers Marine Life Rescue are on site co ordinating a rescue.
You heard it on YD first.
Lets hope it's recovered and put back into the sea without suffering any harm.

Attachments

·
Thats MISTER Blue Boots to you....
9,371 Posts
Any news on this one Roger ? Did the seal make it back out ?

·
PADI Internet Specialty Diver
10,679 Posts
...and has it got 3 eyes like the radioactive fish in The Simpsons? :redface:
No, but it has been declared hazardous waste and must be incinerated uner EU law :D

Chris

·
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will let you know what happens when i get back to work tomorrow. Mind you there pesky little things see last years video taken off pembrokeshire Diving with seals, they wouldnt leave us alone. :) The third eye might come in handy though, do you think we should name it, we have Dave the dolphine off Folkestone. Any suggestions for a three eyed seal !!!!.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I will let you know what happens when i get back to work tomorrow. Mind you there pesky little things see last years video taken off pembrokeshire Diving with seals, they wouldnt leave us alone. :) The third eye might come in handy though, do you think we should name it, we have Dave the dolphine off Folkestone. Any suggestions for a three eyed seal !!!!.
Maybe See-all?

·
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Seal Lives

Just a quick update. The seal was successfully rescued at approx 10pm yesterday evening. It was transported to Dover where there is an existing colony of grey seals and released.

A well done to all those involved.

Attachments

·
Thats MISTER Blue Boots to you....
9,371 Posts
Ah, a good news story. Not enough of them. Thanks for reporting back Roger!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts