YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

There are about four places left for the Seasearch course being run Saturday 3rd April in Nottingham. Jules and I will be going so there'll be at least a small YD presence.
Arrive 9.30 for a 10am start, expect to finish around 5-ish

The course is being held at the  Nottingham Adventure Centre, 403 Aspley Lane, Nottingham, NG8 5RR.
There's no diving on the Sunday (as is the norm for these courses) but anybody that come to this course will be invited when the divemasterscuba club get out to the coast seasearching at a later date.

The day will cost £20 which includes all course materials, but not lunch, so bring some cash: there are shops, bakeries, fast food places etc nearby on Aspley Lane.
Ring Josie Pegg on 07769907881, or at the nottingham adventure centre during the day on 0115 929 0707.

More info at the link Seasearch

Cheers
Steve

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

And a very good course it was too. Not being a gifted marine biologist (unlike Dr stevil) i learnt a lot about classification and the course was well worth the 20 quid. The materials are good too.

Also being run in a dive shop there was also retail opportunities and came away with a very nice new buddy SMB and got a free fill of my twinset.

Being in Nottingham we met up with some of the locals and even got to stay Chez digger post curry and pub. He never did model his leopard skin romper suit much to my disappointment, that one willl have to stay in my imagination.
jules:D

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hey Jules thanks for the prompt.  I was supposed to fill in my application form for the Angelsey one in May and haven't done it yet.  Will do it tonight.  

FB

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Imported post

For anyone else who fancys doing one of these courses, here's the list, contact details at Seasearch click on the "Training" link

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The courses remaining for 2004 so far are:

Truro - Saturday 17th April - organiser Ruth Williams

Broadhaven, Pembrokeshire - Saturday 24th April (with optional dive on the Sunday) - organiser Scott Tompsett

Kimmeridge, Dorset - Saturday 1st May (with optional dive on Sunday) - organiser Peter Tinsley

Billericay, Essex - Saturday 1st May (with optional dive on Sunday) - organiser Stuart Wilson

Lewes, Sussex - Saturday 1st May - organiser Kate Cole

Portsmouth & Southsea - Saturday 8th May (with optional dive on Sunday) - organiser Alison Mayor

North Wales (Menai Bridge) - Saturday 8th May (with optional dive on Sunday) - organiser Kirsten Ramsay or see the Menai Sub Aqua website

Kent - Sunday 9th May, Saturday 22nd May(with optional dive on Sunday), Sunday 6th June and Saturday 10th July (with optional dive on Sunday) - organiser Jonathan Bramley

London (City) Sunday 9th May - organiser Zoe Murphy

Portaferry, Northern Ireland - Saturday 15th May (with dives on Sunday) - organiser Claire Mullen

Lewes, Sussex - Saturday 15th May - organiser Kate Cole

Edinburgh - Saturday 22nd May - organiser Calum Duncan

Tynemouth (Blue Reef Aquarium) - Saturday 5th June (with dives on the Sunday) - organiser Zahra at Blue Reef Aquarium

Manacles, Cornwall - 23rd-25th July (as a part of an MCS Member's Dives long weekend) - organiser Chris Wood

Also in the planning stage at the moment are courses for South Wales and, Herefordshire - but there will be more. If there isn't a course already organised near you we can bring one to you if you can find a hard core of people from your own area or club and a room. Contact National Co-ordinator Chris Wood or your nearest Seasearch contact from the list on the right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts