YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Dear Divers

If you are based in the Sunny South East and would like to get involved in the Kent Seasearch project, the following is the fixture list for 2004.

Please book these with Jon Bramley. The hardboat dives are off some dodgy local boat called Taurus, if you are unlucky i will be Cox'n for the Rhib dives.

I would point out that Jon is a Wreck Jonah, but as the Expedition Officer and Assistant DO and a former TO of Canterbury Divers has LOTS of experience of diving in the Dover area and planning diving.

He has also got deep pockets and short arms in the bar and cannot hold too much beer.

All agencies welcome, and we had some very good dives last year.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]just to let you have in advance this years Seasearch dates In Kent, both training courses and diving.  In case you dont know its a national project to record marine wildlife and Canterbury Divers played a significant role last year. Now to go on dives you need to have attended a one day Observer training course. Dates for this years Observer courses are:
9th May
22nd May
6th June
10th July
Last year we were able to run these for free but this year the cost is £10. This is still very cheap, elsewhere in the country you may have to pay £20 or £30. Next year in Kent it is likley that prices will go to near the more national level so if interested in starting Seasearch I would say do the training this year.

To accompany Seasearch we will also be running two Marine Life ID BSAC Skill Development Courses in Kent. These will be largely for Seasearchers but there will be a couple of spaces for divers who are not Seasearch trained. The costs of these courses are £20, which for a two day course is very good. Elsewhere the same course can cost £60. If you want the BSAC certificate it is another £7.The dates for the Marine Life ID courses are:
19th/20th June and 4th/5th Sept.
Next year the cost is likely to be substantially higher.

For those who have already attended an Observer course and completed 5 Observer forms, we will be running one Surveyor course this year. The dates are 28th/29th August.

Most courses will be run in East Kent, generally in Canterbury or Sandwich.

Dive dates for Seasearch in 2004 are:
23rd May. Shore dive either at Folkestone or Dover
13th June. Shore dive either at Folkestone or Dover
27th June. Hardboat dive out of Dover aboard Taurus Cat.
11th July. Rib Dive out of Herne Bay, possibly near to site of proposed wind farm.
31st July. Hardboat dive out of Dover aboard Taurus Cat.
29th August. Rib dive from Thanet.
11th September. Rib Dive out of Dover to the Varne Bank in the middle of the English Channel.
12th September. Rib Dive out of Dover to the Goodwin Sands.

There is no cost for shore dives but boat dives cost between £10 and £15. On the Taurus Cat we will try to have two dives if the weather allows.

If you would like to book any of the above. Please email me at [email protected] last year all courses were full and so were 6 out of the 7 dives so do please book early.

Jon
Dive Safe

Paul

·
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Imported post

OK

So how did i cock up the Quote bit on that?

Paul

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Paul Oliver @ Mar. 08 2004,21:29)]OK

So how did i cock up the Quote bit on that?

Paul
I think you missed the / on the end quote bit.

The end quote should be open square brackets, forward slash, QUOTE, close square brackets.

Try editing it and putting the forward slash in and if it works I'll delete this reply and no one will ever know

HTH
Daz

·
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Imported post

Daz

Thanks for that, but i think most will have noted my bit of Muppetness

Dive safe

Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts