YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

just split up with my buddy/best friend/lover/and all round playmate...... and it's a lot  worse than just losing one of them at a time!

hankies out so cos i am sobbing my heart out... but best foot forward n all that so back with the plan to be out there and dive and meet lots more nice new people.. but defiantely not in the market for dating!

If any one is doing anything in my neck of the woods then drop me a PM. Thanks to everyone who already heard on the jungle drums and called me.Aready had a 2 hour call/pep talk  from Lovely Bren in tel a viv (who bizarrely was watching a naked wman talking on her mobile on the balcony opposite) and also Peter K and Chris Hall. you guys are cool thanks.

Jules  

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Jules,

Real sorry to hear that - I know you must be gutted.

I certainly fit in the "Dive-no-Date" box and I'm not too far away. Get in touch whenever you fancy a dip. I'm mostly available in the week, though. Off to Capernwray for a kit-tester on Tuesday if you want to come along to wash away the tears.

No words can provide any comfort at the moment. Just hang in there - it gets better eventually.

·
iGeek therefore iTrek
3,253 Posts
Imported post

I'm so sorry to hear of that Julia. Truly sorry.

I've got two spare spaces available on the Catamaran out of Porthkerris if you're interested in one of them Jules - Whitsun weekend the 29th and 30th of May.

Edited for bad grammar - be gentle with me I've got flu  

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Julia C @ Feb. 08 2004,22:31)]just split up with my buddy/best friend/lover/and all round playmate...... and it's a lot  worse than just losing one of them at a time!
<font color='#0000FF'>Jules

Very sorry to here about your loss  
you must be devistated.  any chance of passing on his phone number  
  sorry couldn't resist.

Fiona

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Now now Fiona, You'll be fostering a reputation you may not want, or is this intentional?

Sorry to hear your sad news Jules. Hope you feel happier soon. Now ! Go out and spoil yourself. Sort out a few nights out with the girls too. They'll let you know what your worth.

Dave C

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#32CD32'>Jules,

Sorry hon. Good luck, I reckon you'll find a good buddy here.

Juz

·
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

Thanks Guys, no offence taken Fiona, i got your PM.  Thanks for all the PMs and phone calls too. You are a very nice bunch of people.

Mark I might well join you for a kit tester soon, i am feeling a rush of dive related retail therapy coming on, I think i get to keep the twinset (well he does have three!) but fairly sure he wont let me have the camera so i had better go on the photography forum to look for some advice on that.. Cash is a problem but I have a garage full of Nicks dive gear that i can sell to the highest bidder and all his tools , biking gear etc.. should fetch a tidy Sum <grin>.

Bethi was wanting to have a bonfire in the back garden of all his things but she was only joking and i told her we  could make more money and annoy the neighbours less by selling it all on ebay.!

So Jules is playing out solo again and she is just back where she was this time last year EXCEPT that she now has her own nice new house, has done 100 more dives and  a rescue course and is competant to buddy most people. Has a heap of happy memories. Has met loads of nice divers on here, Has new love of digital underwater photography, has learnt to ski and rock climb, and knows that it is possible to fall in love again after a marriage break up.

My ex-husband (Bethi and MAtt's Dad) who has been a total trouper,  said to me yesterday "Ships are safe in the harbour but that's not what ships are for...".
So this little ship is setting sail again  and going to see what is on the high seas. So give me a shout if you want to play out with me.

Jules <brave grin>

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Well, I'll come diving with you any time. Can't guarantee I'll behave myself, but I've been a lot better behaved lately!

You coming to the Stoney gig? I should really check the thread, but I'm a lazy sod!

Sorry to hear about stuff, but it'll get better. YD got me through my last major breakup pretty nicely, it'll come good for you too.

We're all here for you.

·
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imported post

Not coming to Stony unfortunately , it's Bethi's 13th Birthday that day.
jules

·
Registered
797 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Sorry to hear. Are you and Nick still coming to SOM?

gareth

(edited for awful spelling)

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Jules, sorry to hear that dude, happens to the best (and worst!)  of us.
Not sure what your neck of the woods is but if you're ever wanting a buddy for 'up north' gimme a shout.

However, on the plus side, at least when you're single you don't have to worry about explaining why you want to blow all your dosh on diving instead of redoing the kitchen/bathroom/whatever

·
Registered
599 Posts
Imported post

Julia
A couple of us are diving at stoney tomorrow if you want to have a splash.

nigel

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>Sorry to hear that Jules, such a shame you can't join us in Malta either, (and i'm currently revising too so not much time to go and play underwater), but hope you start feeling better soon and if you're feeling down just go look at the grinning thread

·
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Reeve @ Feb. 09 2004,11:47)]Sorry to hear. Are you and Nick still coming to SOM?

gareth

(edited for awful spelling)
I am but he is not, better cancel the lovenest in the hotel and book into the dive centre with you lot!

·
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hey, Jules! Keep the lovenest - you never know your luck!  

·
3,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mark Davies @ Feb. 09 2004,17:22)]Hey, Jules! Keep the lovenest - you never know your luck!  
I am not that kind of girl.  I would be lonely up there on my own so i will sleep in Brens Room in the dive centre. Shame he isnt coming really...

·
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Not if you'd be in the same room. You'd never get any sleep with that bloody racket!  

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Imported post

Yeah Come on Jules, you just gotta keep the flag flying for the YD female posse, and show us guys how its done  hang on in there
Tony

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Julia C @ Feb. 09 2004,15:28)]I am but he is not,
Hey Jules, this may sound a bit selfish, but who's going to cook the scallops on the Mull gig now that the chef's not coming?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>Well I'll cook them for the May trip just so long as everyone else does the gutting/cleaning/whatever it is you do to get rid of the icky bits. And if I do say so myself I'm not a bad chef

1 - 20 of 25 Posts