YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Just looking for a bit of info on the above. It's a compressor that takes nitrogen out of the air and makes Nitrox mixes up to 40%(I believe)without external o2. Does anyone have a clue how much these things cost to buy and run? The club is making noises about getting a compressor and dough-boy said he'd look into it.

Peter(dough-boy)k

·
Registered
676 Posts
Imported post

Yes, I heard they cost an arm and a leg. The cheapest way is Partial Pressure blending. I think that the official name for what your talking about is a "Pressure swing absorbtion" or something like that.
If you want any more info then let me know and I will dig the blender manual out.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Imported post

Yeah, 40k is just a bit out of the clubs cash flow, we'd struggle 40 quid. Ah well, a bog standard compressor it'll be then I think. Thanks anyway guys.

Peter

·
Registered
106 Posts
Imported post

Peter

I believe that the compressor you may be thinking of is built by Coltri Sub.  Like Steve W, I believe that they start at around £12K.

·
Dive without politics
2,106 Posts
Imported post

i met the guy that designed this system when i was in florida, he is some kid, 70 years old or so diving since water was invented, teaches hyperbaric medicine now

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Imported post

Where does he live? Does he have one in his garage? When does he go on holiday? It's about the only way our club would aquire one, even at 12k

Peter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts