YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

If anyone has been monitoring the thread on Divernet about the Puffin Dive Centres trip to the Red Sea, they`ll see it`s all ended in tears.

With some justification, and hovering lawyers, Mike Busitilli (Webmaster) ended the thread claiming that the forums` administrators are liable for the content of contributions to the forum. To cover my own ass, just to let you know that I have no connection with anyone at Puffin, and, living in Bristol, it`s cheaper for me to spend a week in the Med. or Red Sea that to travel that far north in my own country. If anyone at Puffin finds anything that someone else says in reply to my message offensive, then it`s nothing to do with me, and if they want to come down to Bristol, they`ll be a long way from home and my mate Daz is a real hard bastard, especially when I hold him out in front of me.

Anyway, does that mean that on this forum, when we start ripping the piss out of one another, if someone gets offended can they for instance start suing the forum adminstrators ?
It would be a great shame if us southern shandy drinkers had to stop kicking the $hit out of you northern tosspots.

Yours Anonymously

Brendon Zacharia Tierney
Somewhere near Manchester

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve L. @ Mar. 11 2004,20:59)]Anyway, does that mean that on this forum, when we start ripping the piss out of one another, if someone gets offended can they for instance start suing the forum adminstrators ?
If lies are told, then yes. Libel/Slander = written/said untruths IIRC. There had been a long running case involving Demon as ISP and publishing on websites a few years ago. Can't be arsed to lok it up though.

Now as to taking the piss, I'm not sure, but if anyone feels they have been maligned, they could give it a go. Costly to try though.

They should of course....

DEMAND AN APOLOGY

Adrian

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve L. @ Mar. 11 2004,20:59)]It would be a great shame if us southern shandy drinkers had to stop kicking the $hit out of you northern tosspots.
I regret to inform you that I am deeply offended by the content of you post.

I demand an apology on the basis that you are generalising all "Northeners" as soft and less than manly.

For the record, I would like it clearly stated: "That is exactly how I like my women."

One more outburst like this and I will not be responsible for Porgs actions.

Regards

James  

·
Registered
95 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#728FCE'>Dat dere is fighting talk pardner

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

ROTFLMAO...

Steve.  Oops sorry Brendan,  rest assured I do not find your posts or any of your verbal comments offensive.

Shame I can't say the same about your face  

But as a well hard southern bastard, suppose I have to show solidarity.

Daz

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve L. @ Mar. 11 2004,20:59)]It would be a great shame if us southern shandy drinkers had to stop kicking the $hit out of you northern tosspots.
ho ho ho..... some kind of whole word/sentence constuction dyslexia going on there, one too many shandies at lunchtime perhaps

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

absolutely not, in actual fact I had

two pints of Guiness and a glass of red wine............

by the way, what`s ROBERT BEALE up to these days ?

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Now that IS funny...

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Imported post

Isn't it only libelous/slanderous if it is untrue....so us northeners can say what we like about you southern fairies as we all know it is true......

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve L. @ Mar. 11 2004,20:59)]If anyone has been monitoring the thread on Divernet about the Puffin Dive Centres trip to the Red Sea, they`ll see it`s all ended in tears.

With some justification, and hovering lawyers, Mike Busitilli (Webmaster) ended the thread claiming that the forums` administrators are liable for the content of contributions to the forum. To cover my own ass, just to let you know that I have no connection with anyone at Puffin, and, living in Bristol, it`s cheaper for me to spend a week in the Med. or Red Sea that to travel that far north in my own country. If anyone at Puffin finds anything that someone else says in reply to my message offensive, then it`s nothing to do with me, and if they want to come down to Bristol, they`ll be a long way from home and my mate Daz is a real hard bastard, especially when I hold him out in front of me.

Anyway, does that mean that on this forum, when we start ripping the piss out of one another, if someone gets offended can they for instance start suing the forum adminstrators ?
It would be a great shame if us southern shandy drinkers had to stop kicking the $hit out of you northern tosspots.

Yours Anonymously

Brendon Zacharia Tierney
Somewhere near Manchester
RAOTFLMAO!!!!!

In fact, our very own, recently joined, YD 'Legal Eagle', Simon Moore Esq. weighed-in to that norz on D-net and gave a 'soup-to-nuts' review of the dos and don'ts of how to post, see here:

Simon Says....

And any way, you can't sue me.....I'm pregnant....with twins....

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (narkedat50 @ Mar. 11 2004,23:39)]
[b said:
I regret to inform you that I am deeply offended by the content of you post.

I demand an apology on the basis that you are generalising all "Northeners" as soft and less than manly.

For the record, I would like it clearly stated: "That is exactly how I like my women."

One more outburst like this and I will not be responsible for Porgs actions.

Regards

James  
<font color='#000080'>using me as a threat....cooooool

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rob Evans @ Mar. 13 2004,18:30)]She could blow yer head clean off..
Aye, and with very little encouragement!

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Bren

R U sure Simon is a Lawyer? I ask 'cos i think i understood what he said

Dive Safe

Paul

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Paul Oliver @ Mar. 13 2004,19:52)]R U sure Simon is a Lawyer? I ask 'cos i think i understood what he said
Lawyers must be dumbing down too.  

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
Imported post

i must admit i think its great when southern shandy drinkers get all irrate and start blurting out a load of old s**t its like i say the best thing to come out of the south is the m1 motorway!!!!! i hate it when people start having a go at us in the north
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]It would be a great shame if us southern shandy drinkers had to stop kicking the $hit out of you northern tosspots.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (yipeediver @ Mar. 14 2004,11:58)]i must admit i think its great when southern shandy drinkers get all irrate and start blurting out a load of old s**t its like i say the best thing to come out of the south is the m1 motorway!!!!! i hate it when people start having a go at us in the north
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]It would be a great shame if us southern shandy drinkers had to stop kicking the $hit out of you northern tosspots.
Hey Yippeee,

Sorry if you read Steve L's skit as an attack on Northerners: it was not - merely banter and a bit of fun; something we cherish here at YD. Please note my response to his post - all smiles. No sweat mate, you just need to understand the historical banter which Steve, myself and others have been conducting on here for the last couple of years.

Take it easy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts