YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realise that with the impending climate change catastophe, the war on terrorism, the rapidly collapsing NHS, and the current poor vis we have enough to worry about but this really gets to me.

Yesterday we took my children for a picnic on the beach and on the way we stopped off at the local co-op to purchase a packet of cocktail sausages (51% pork, what was the other 49%?:frown:). This clear plastic packet bore a label with a photograph of some of the contents one of which had a cocktail stick through it and the words 'serving suggestion' underneath. This made me wonder...

1. Why do I need a photograph of the sausages when I can see them through the packet?

2. Is there anyone who has the mental capability to go into the shop and buy the sausages who needs to have the idea of putting one on a cocktail stick suggested to them?

3. What happens if I don't follow the serving suggestion?

4. It also says it on a tin of beans which shows some beans on a fork. How else do you serve them? With a pair of fcucking chopsticks??????????

I've gone a funny colour now.:angry:

·
Registered
8,035 Posts
I love these serving suggestions! I had a good giggle to myself when visiting some friends and they served some beef... " on a bed of plate!" :D

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
It's so they can't be sued if a person choked trying to eat them through the wrapper ;) all part of the delegation of thought we have allowed to happen I'm afraid.

Safe diving,
Steve

·
beware of limitations
3,443 Posts
Beleive it or not, it's so you can't allege that your purchase should have also included the cocktail stick, manky salad leaf, crap plate, orange pine table or gurning wifey (or whatever else was in the picture) - and so sue / complain to the Trading Standards.

Similarly - ever wondered why competitions say "no purchase necessary" on them? It's to avoid the gaming / gambling laws - and speciafically taxation.

Thanks you and goodnight from the legal anorak...:redface: :embarassed: :D:D

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
I just love it when I buy a bag of salted cashews and on the back of the packet it reads:

WARNING - this product may contain nuts.

Only may?

·
1,171 Posts
I just love it when I buy a bag of salted cashews and on the back of the packet it reads:

WARNING - this product may contain nuts.

Only may?
At Christmas we bought some Salmon and my children noticed that the packaging said "May contain fish".........

They were suitably underwhelmed by the information...........

David.

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
It is the warnings on things like chicken ping, which say 'Warning - Product may be hot after heating'
Or the takeaway coffee cups which warn 'Contents may be hot'.
:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts