YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Ok, SOS here guys.  

Is anyone diving SETT and then heading towards london on the sunday?  

I desperatley need a lift going in that direction to allow me to meet up with Mary and bugger off to malta on the monday.  i can get the train, but not much fun with a huge bag, and someone who isnt used to big cities and lots of people!

I can get kicked out anywhere near london (ok, as near to marys mums as possible, but i have no idea exactly where that is - near richmond/kingston on thames apparently)

Also where are people staying?  Im getting a lift down, but i havent a clue where to stay.  if i could stay at the same B&B as someone that would make life easier (and less lonely).

If i cant sort this out, im going to drop out of the trip as its getting waaaaaay too complicated.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Imported post

Porg,

I'll be leaving after the first dive on Sunday, heading up to Hertfordshire which would take me quite close to those locations.

Actually, it could take me quite close to a lot of places.  Don't ask how many miles I did between Watford and Littlehampton one time last summer...

We haven't sorted accomodation yet, that's the next thing to do.

dan.

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Don't drop out now Honey!! If it came to it we could drop you off in London, somewhere. We're doing both dives, hopefully on the Sunday but its not far out of our way, when you consider we're driving to Edinburgh that evening (God I must be out of my tiny mind driving home that night!, mind you I'm driving down to Brighton this evening
Just for the night) Also Helen, if there is anything you want returned home after you've done SETT let us know. No use in you carting stuff around Malta when we could drop it off at your house for you.

Dave C

·
currently offshore, please leave a message
1,106 Posts
Imported post

See this is what i love about YD.....

-Loads of people willing to help other people

-the ability to organise dives easily and take part in strange things like a 106 diver BBQ in February while wearing summer clothes.

-The ability to ask any question without getting flamed but instead getting a straight answer.

-the sense of humour of everyone on the board.

-and finaly all the above making YD feel like one big happy family of people that share the same interest creating the ability to pool important information to beginners those after us and the experienced diver alike.  

DD

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Aww you are all such sweeties.  Here was me getting all stressed out thinking im not going to make it.

Has anyone booked for accomodation yet?

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Imported post

I was going to check with some of the B&Bs on the Skippers list next week.  I'll report back when I have some prices and availability.

dan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts