YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
A buddy of mine has a weight belt which holds loose shot. She wants to change this to a belt which takes shot pouches. Ebay has lots of sellers of empty shot pouches and she can transfer the loose shot to the pouches but has anyone got some advice on good ways to seal the pouches?

I though some kind of heavy duty stapler might do the trick or sew them up - but what kind of thread/needle etc.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
My shot pouches seem to be sewn shut with normal sewing thread. I suppose as long as it is nylon it should not rot too quickly.

I suppose you could use a thin fishing line to sew them shut then you know it's not going to fall apart in water.

·
Registered
351 Posts
brian

i think you have e-mailed me and i have replied a few mins ago but if it is not you.we do shot bags that have a double velcro seal so you can fill your own and you dont need to sew up the filling hole.
we do them in 1 2 and 3 kilo size.if you need any further help do not hesitate to contact me.

cheers
rob

·
Out of his depth
386 Posts
I bought some strong black polyester thread from hobbycraft for a few quid, and just use any old needle - darning ones are a little easier to handle though and besides, sewing shot pouches isn't exactly fine tapestry work!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all. I'll pass the info on. Yes Rob it was me - I've forwarded your email to my buddy, Laura.

·
Out of his depth
386 Posts
I bought a harness of a mate who was moving house, and he let me keep the lead that was in there. It was full of his homemade shot pouches - old tights - put a Kg of shot in one leg, twist, pull it inside out, and twist again, then tie off - this gave it a double wall for strength!

·
Like a chubby Batman......apparently
147 Posts
brian

i think you have e-mailed me and i have replied a few mins ago but if it is not you.we do shot bags that have a double velcro seal so you can fill your own and you dont need to sew up the filling hole.
we do them in 1 2 and 3 kilo size.if you need any further help do not hesitate to contact me.

cheers
rob
I've just received some of Robs velcro shot pouches and they seem to do the job very well.

Recommended.

Andrew

1 - 8 of 8 Posts