YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I am off to the Seychelles in May all that warm water not being a southern softy[dont like cold water] or a hard northerner[dont like warm water] coming from derbyshire I must be a bit of both!!!!!!!!!!!.Any way has any one dived there and have they any tips? on where to dive ect ect ect

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

thanks bren i checked out the site but i cannot get into the prices bit i will try later my other half thinks botled air grows on trees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Imported post

Nigel
Yes I dived there quite a while ago now,stayed at Beau Vallon Bay on Mahe( think thats how you spell it).
Did a few boat dives with the PADI Dive Centre there, on some nice reefs as you'd expect warm water, superb vis. Had a memorable night dive around some caves.
During one of the weeks I was there in June was plagued with a bloom of small jellyfish got stung by the little devils, nothing dangerous just annoying.:yuck:
I found that the coral got a bit boring after a week, better if you can visit some of the other islands whilst there.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

parahandy thanks for the info what cost did you pay for lead and tank rental as my e mails to the dive centre have not been answered.Is there shore diving along with boat diving?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Imported post

Nigel
Just had a look in my log books I hired everything except, Regulator, Mask, Fins and Snorkel. I dived from the shore( guided with the instructor)£20 per day including air. At the particular resort I was at I did a night dive from a boat in some caves £30. Just looked it was the Seychelles Underwater Centre the staff were friendly enough.

I thought the price was rather steep at the time,think you be better negociating a dive package up front if poss.:wink:
As I've already mentioned to get the maximum out of the trip well worth visting the other islands.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

Thanks for that Ill start saving

(Edited by nigel at 8:56 am on Sep. 29, 2002)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts