YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may seem petty but it's got me seething.

At work, my desk is on a Trading Floor and next to a door that leads out to corrider where the kitchen, lavvies etc are. It's basically used as a thoroughfare for traders and backoffice support staff. Being the amiable person that I am when someone I know walks past you naturally make eye contact and say "Hi" etc.. (Will get back to this)

Last Friday one of my colleagues didn't have his contract renewed so during lunch and after work a few of us went for a few beers, one of the people was a girl, lets call her, Alison. Although I've known her for about 3 years I've only ever been in a social setting with her a couple of times before. We all chatted etc and had a really good few hours. Apparantely a few people said that they saw a side of me they never knew existed. When I let my "virtual" hair down I wasn't the quiet guy from IT but really funny, intelligent (that has since been disputed though) etc..

Anyway, "Alison" often walks past my desk and I say hi. Turns out she's been saying to others that I've been coming on to her when she walks past!! FFS!! Yes, I did spend time talking to her down the pub, but no more so than anyone else.

I feel extremely embarrassed that
1. Someone thought I was coming on to them. How can a "Hi" be interpreted as "Can I get in your knickers?"
2. People are coming up to me giving the old nudge nudge wink wink. It may be fun for others but I have a short fuse.

I'm not known for my diplomacy when the old adrenalins running, so what's the best way to nip this in the bud before childishness gets out of hand and I end up lamping some fcuker?

Oh, and she should be so fcuking lucky!!!

Thanks,

Ian

G

·
she's

a) obviously got a problem
b) she likes you, in which case revert to a)

in the case of a) or b), I'd advise a trip for her to the opticians

sorry :D

on the serious side, if it gets "difficult", make sure HR are aware of the situation

·
More yokel than local moi luvver
1,280 Posts
How can a "Hi" be interpreted as "Can I get in your knickers?"
I thought it was in Essex:teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Maybe she does'nt get much attention and took you chatting to her the wrong way,

Have a chat and say sorry if it came across that way but your happly/married/engaged/seeing someone, and your flattered.
She gets the message while everyone else thinks you're a top bloke.

Failing that a big pic of Monty on the desk should do it:angel:

Dave

Reactions: MATTBIN

·
Sub-optimal DIR wannabe
1,038 Posts
It's simple mate. Spread a counter rumour that you've had her and she has some deformity of her private parts!

Next.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's simple mate. Spread a counter rumour that you've had her and she has some deformity of her private parts!
I'm not saying she's manky but rumour has it when someone went down on her they heard a voice shouting from inside "Quick! Grab the car keys and we can drive outta here!!"

·
Sub-optimal DIR wannabe
1,038 Posts
I think I know her. In fact I may have been married to her at one point :D

·
Shipwrecked & Comatose, drinking fresh mango juice
2,614 Posts
when you wrote your original message, all that appears on the preview when you hover your mouse is:

This may seem petty but it's got me seething.

At work, my desk is on a Trading Floor and next to a door that leads out to corrider where the kitchen, lavvies etc
What with the title, I wondered if someone in your office was, errrm, spreading that which promotes growth and has a profound smell :D

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
All sorted. Spoke to some people that were down the pub to confirm that I wasn't doing anything improper. Apparantely she was seriously flirting with me but I was too stupid to notice! I just took her for a coffee and said that I was sorry if I gave that impression and asked if she had been saying anything and she reckons whoever was shit stirring misheard and she was actually talking about someone else :rolleyes:. Hmmm..

Anyway, all sorted.

·
Utrinque Paratus
6,077 Posts
Unfortunately I wasn't in the Army so I doubt I could pull that off ;)

no you weren't thats why you have an ar5e like a Japanese flag :)

just tell her your ex navy and don't bat that way and that your wife married you for

a. pitty
and b. to keep the rumours away from your mum (bit like Freddy) :D

if that doesn't work tell her the truth you have a small D** and your shite in bed that should sort you out mate ................er i can still call you mate :)

Graham

1 - 20 of 41 Posts