YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi all.

All divers that are diving tomorrow night, can you please ring or text me before traveling to Dover.

The FORECAST is for SW 3-4 at the minute and although it has shown WSW Gale 9,,,,, at the present time the wind had gone from 45 knots down to 8.

I will be down on the boat around Mid day & keeping a very close eye on the weather. With the sea getting kicked up a bit , Viz looks wierd.

Got a fishing charter this morning and will give you all a UPDATE here later this evening.

Louigi has had to drop out , as he is laid up in bed with the Flu.

Andy

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>DIVE CANCELLED FOR TOMORROW NIGHT..

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]North Foreland to Selsey Bill.

24 hour forecast:
Wind: south or southwest 6 or 7, becoming cyclonic 7 or gale 8, locally severe gale 9, then northwest 6 or 7 later.
Weather: rain or showers, with risk of hail and thunder, then fair later.
Visibility: moderate or good, perhaps poor for a short time.
Sea State: moderate or rough.
Outlook for the following 24 hours:
Wind: northwest 6 or 7, easing 4 then becoming cyclonic 7 or gale 8.
Weather: fair, then rain or showers.
Visibility: moderate or good.
Sea State: moderate or rough, perhaps slight for a time.
As the sea was flat calm this morning and i MEAN like a mirror,,,,, within 2 - 3 hours the sea got up to 12-14 foot waves in a short matter of time one it blew up... VIZ is a complete fat ZERO,,,, worse i have ever seen it here at Dover.

SHANDY GIG will be shorted for a dive again shortly in the new year.

Andy .

Those there today couldn't have got a better ride at Alton Towers.

EDIT Have from a man on very good authority, that whilst waiting to come into the Eastern Entrance, the highest wave recorded was 4.2 mts high  

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
Imported post

Damn that's a shame. I'd bought a tin of shandy as a christmas present for Howard, now I'm going to have to drink it myself

Hmm....

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]within 2 - 3 hours the sea got up to 12-14 foot waves in a short matter of time one it blew up... VIZ is a complete fat ZERO,,,, worse i have ever seen it
The jinx strikes again? Matt, have you been anywhere near Dover in the last 24 hours?  

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Imported post

That's a shame Andy though I must admit when I saw the waves breaking over the harbour wall this afternoon I did wonder!!

Is the beer still on in the Flagship in the evening?  

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

As it happens I did ask Andy a few days ago if he had any space but he said NO so you cant blame me for it in anyway at all.

Sorry to hear you huys got blown out, I reckon it would have been a good one.

Stoney is still on for the 30th if you are desperate.
Take care all.
Matt

·
Registered
246 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy the Commie 2 @ Dec. 27 2003,16:43)]As the sea was flat calm this morning and i MEAN like a mirror,,,,, within 2 - 3 hours the sea got up to 12-14 foot waves in a short matter of time one it blew up... VIZ is a complete fat ZERO,,,, worse i have ever seen it here at Dover.

SHANDY GIG will be shorted for a dive again shortly in the new year.

Andy .

Those there today couldn't have got a better ride at Alton Towers.
Hi,
I was on the boat today fishing with Andy, started out nice and calm about 10:30 am.  After a couple of hours the wind blew up with rain too causing us to cancel out fishing trip

It was strong winds and high waves all the way in,  just like a ride at alton towers
Been home the last 3 hours I still feel like im still on the boat

Hopefully the weater will clear up soon so we can do our charity dive

Tony

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Total bummer,

However l'm off all next week so l'm available, at short notice, if you decide to take the boat out to test it Andy.

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MATTBIN @ Dec. 27 2003,17:49)]Stoney is still on for the 30th if you are desperate.
Think I might just do that, actually...

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Its Howard,

Last summer he came out on a Neaps weekend, perfect flat calm sea and 12-15m Vis on the Lusitania in the morning. That afternoon we had a F7 on the Loanda that came from nowhere  

I finnish work at 4 and will stop of in the Pub for a commiseration pint, with a YD sticker for the karcee door.

I'll bring my marked up charts as well, but no drooling over them

Regards

Paul

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Angus Paul and everyone that will be around ,,,,,,,,,, yeah thats fine , will meet up with you all then .. 16:00 Flagship....

Paul , i don't drooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll:p
Angus ,, I'll ring chip , get the old lad down there as well,

Think Adrian may pop his head in as well.

Andy

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Imported post

Thanks for the heads up Andy, starting to think I'm the bloody jinx now.  Then again it's probably that bastard Finless, due to be out on Nauticat tomorrow.
CURSE YOU BRYAN!  Your Helium's costing double from now on

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Adrian ,

Have sent you a text, some of us are meeting in the FLAGSHIP pub , which is right opposite the marina @ 16:00.

Andy

·
Registered
488 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Sorry to hear the bad news but not surprised.  It's bad enough up here in the Smoke. I'll be up for the re-match.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts