YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>I have PM'ed some of the Rock 'ard Shandy drinkers from down safffffffffffffff to help raise some cash for our local lifeboat.
This is my little lads idea to help his class get the most raised, plus i'm gonna use it for advertising the launch of my new company
.... Of course YD and the divers will be named in the schools newsletter and any newspaper ,

[[[[ EDIT ]]]]    chatting to some, going to make it a mimimum of £ 15 for the diving........ will have a local butcher and baker donating the BACON BUTTIES
 Now going out to make this a good gig.

BOAT IS FULL

( 1) Tony........................Col Maniac
( 2) Paul Oliver
( 3) KimH
( 4) Rob Evans
( 5) Chip  ......................Dover danglie
( 6) Tom
( 7) Howard....................Diving Dude
( 8) Steve......................Dive Dudes oppo
( 9) John Bramley
(10) Adrian Kelland
(11) Louigi
(12) Angus.....................A dangle fallen off the tree.

Boat will be leaving Dover ( if you want a map & directions ) E:mail me at    [email protected]  

Due to the tides Slack water is at  1837, knowing that this is better tide , Paul and I thought that this could be a good chance to do either a U boat or HMS BRAZEN.... still undecided. Further details will follow next week .

·
Registered
5,736 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#32CD32'>When is the Dive Andy?

Juz

D'oh - Don't worry, just seen it's the 28th. Sorry can't make it - Mexico calls.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Andy,
My oppo's blown out already, muttered something about diving the Clyde, selfish g*t - probably should have asked him first!
I'll be there regardless, it's even more attractive knowing the proceeds will be helping the RNLI lads.  

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Sorry lads, that's my birthday and I can't promise I'll be in finest fettle if my previous 37 birthdays are any indication!  

Well-in that man for a good cause and let me know where I might send a donation.

Enjoy, God's speed, dive safe and hope the weather's kind.

Cheers,

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Phil Ennis @ Nov. 21 2003,17:51)]Bloody hell Tierney, you only 38!

Where the hell was your paper round?
Steady, that man! I will be 38 !!! I'm currently a very sprightly (yet sanguine) 37 approaching 38  

And as for the paper-round, believe me mate, you don't wanna know some of the postcodes!  

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Bren,,

Thanks for the offer, NOW i do know you are a true GENTLEMAN now .

PHIL , leave Bren alone , coz he is only 1 year younger than me ,,,,,,???

ANdy

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Folks

HMS Brazen sinking in 1940 after a mighty battle with Hitlers Stukas, just to wet your appetite,

Dive Safe

Paul

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bren Tierney @ Nov. 21 2003,16:27)]Sorry lads, that's my birthday and I can't promise I'll be in finest fettle if my previous 37 birthdays are any indication!  
Happy birthday Mr T. You'll be glad to hear it's mine as well. Just I'm slightly younger and better looking than yourself.

Peter

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

Andy

Please pu me down. I will do my best to do it, transport being available. I will cough up the money beforehand, so if I can't make it, neither yourself of the RNLI lose out.

Adrian

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Andy/Paul, how acurate is the description of the Brazen in dive kent?

E.g. its says
Despite sweeping, most of her superstructure is still in place.
One of her AA guns still points up.
Her heavier guns are all in place, entry can be made behind the gun turrets.
Bunks can be seen and rows of gas masks.

Sounds great its one of the must do wrecks l marked in my Dive Kent book.

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
Imported post

HMS Brazen sounds great. I found this info elsewhere on the net:

HMS Brazen
1360ton, 323ft, beam32ft, ton, B class Destroyer
Position: 51.01.05;01.17.15E Depth: 30m
Sunk: 8th April 1931 German Bombers.
Diving: Standing 8m proud and reasonably  intact but in two halves. 
Launch:Dymchurch,St Mary's bay or Hythe. 

I take it that with slack at 18.37 this is going to be a night dive? (or are light levels going to be so low that time of year that it makes no difference anyway?)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tom @ Nov. 23 2003,16:15)]I take it that with slack at 18.37 this is going to be a night dive? (or are light levels going to be so low that time of year that it makes no difference anyway?)
I would`nt worry about it being dark, vis is probably be zero anyway  

Tony

·
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Howard

She was my first channel dive and looked like the description then, as we got down the shot which was on the bow the gun turrets, superstructure and AA gun were all there. We got into the A Gun turret,  handled the AA Gun and Torpedo and had a good look in the side at the bunks etc.

Unfortunatly a few years ago she collapsed in on herself, so the bow end which was the most impressive is quite collapsed. The stern is still quite intact, and the torpedos are there still.

Its a dive we often take our beginers on and she usually has good vis. This time of year she will be very dark, so day or night don't matter. Coming back up the shot, in the channel at night will though. She is about 5 miles out from Dover.

Where has my Pic gone? It was there before

Dive Safe

Paul

·
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Guys

Assuming my pic was too big here is a link to another site with a picture of her. The old boy in the comments lost his arm during the battle where she was sunk and i am hoping to get a bit of an account of the battle from him.

HMS Brazen in all her glory

This is the pic of her sinking i put on before:-

HMS Brazen Sinking

Dive Safe

Paul

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Quick update........

I have now also got my LIFE INSURANCE company now to throw in a few ££££££'s

Andy

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>you've got to watch out for them insurance companies prom miss the earth and then deny all knowledge. Or show you the opt out clause in the small print.

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>No, it's the agents that have a shop in Dover , they sponsor lots of kids things , .... & now me

Andy

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>I see sponsord diving youll be getting old beefy bofam in next.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts