YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a few spaces going for a trip to dive with the sharks at the Blue Planet Aquarium at Ellesmere Port on 10th June.

The cost is £135, for which you will get around half an hour in a tank with the sharks. The whole experience will last a couple of hours.

We will be leaving Leeds around lunchtime and returning around 8pm. Transport can be arranged, equipment is not included in the price but can also be arranged.

If you are interested in this trip or know anyone who might be then give Freedom Divers a call for more information on 0113 368 2828

Thanks

Fiona

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
That seems like an awful lot of money. I think even solicitors charge less :)
But that is because it is a PADI shark speciality :D

My old club did this along time ago, long before BP decided to cash in on the PADI thing, I think it was about £50 at the time :)

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
But that is because it is a PADI shark speciality :D

My old club did this along time ago, long before BP decided to cash in on the PADI thing, I think it was about £50 at the time :)
I did the same, organised the trip on UKRS and it was about £50, charged extra to take a camera in as well, which they failed to mention when it was booked and payed for. Good laugh though, worth the £50, not sure I'd pay much more than that.

Danny

·
bleedingheartliberalpcgon emadtreehuggingdogooder
1,135 Posts
If you have a look at the Blue Planet website it's a lot more than 50 quid to do the dive now!

I did it a few yrs back and the price was up to 85 quid.

Website now has the price as 125quid, so an extra tenner for transport seems pretty good.

I really enjoyed the dive, yes it was expensive, but it was also lots of fun.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Are you sure its the PADI speciality, I was looking around christmas time, and for £135 you got a dive, thats it, then for around £200ish you got the speciality, as it involved half a days lecture.

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Are you sure its the PADI speciality, I was looking around christmas time, and for £135 you got a dive, thats it, then for around £200ish you got the speciality, as it involved half a days lecture.
Yep you could be right. My information must be out of date.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts