YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Quite... but I fear this common sense comment will be conveniently overlooked for the sake of the more desired effect of "man eater" - god help us all that people have completely lost their common sense...

B x

·
Registered
84 Posts
Great White off Cornwall? Quick, throw in more divers! Am a gonna get me a fishin'!!! ;)

But seriously, are we really surprised or bothered? Great Whites inhabit the Med and the Atlantic so why should they not be off Cornwall?

Just my tuppence worth.

Mike

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Mike,

Agreed.......................

I think the positive thing about this news article is that it actually paints the Shark in a more positive light and sends a good message about preserving these beautiful creatures..........

·
A VS Cash Cow
17,832 Posts
its not often we see these wonderful creatures in their own environment where they are so amazingly adapted to live, can we throw a few fat chav scum into the sea to attract a few more.:)

·
Dunno really........ thinking about it
1,585 Posts
its not often we see these wonderful creatures in their own environment where they are so amazingly adapted to live, can we throw a few fat chav scum into the sea to attract a few more.:)
Not good for the sharks though.......... all that White Lightening sloshing about :)

·
Registered
911 Posts
I appreciate one is a state and the other national, and dogs are all over the place but the time frame alone says alot.

Plus im sure the dogs are doing us a favour....;)

Fatalities due to Dogs in USA
2007 9
2006 26
2005 29
2004 22
4 years 86

Shark Fatalities
1920s 0
1950s 4
1960s 0
1970s 0
1980s 3
1990s 1
2000s 2 up to 1994

·
His Holeyness
2,198 Posts
[Quint]
"Anti-shark cage...
You go inside the cage . . .
Cage goes in the water . . .
You go in the water . . .
Shark's in the water . . . Our shark

Farewell and adieu to you fair Spanish ladies. Farewell and adieu you ladies of Spain. For we've received orders for to sail back to Boston. And so nevermore shall we see you again."

:)

ColinM

·
Registered
759 Posts
I think the positive thing about this news article is that it actually paints the Shark in a more positive light and sends a good message about preserving these beautiful creatures..........
Which is more than i can say for ITV news last night, they were celebrating the catch of a porbeagle, and saying "it is now safe to return to the waters"

·
the kind of human wreckage that you love
11,983 Posts
I appreciate one is a state and the other national, and dogs are all over the place but the time frame alone says alot.

Plus im sure the dogs are doing us a favour....;)

Fatalities due to Dogs in USA
4 years 86

Shark Fatalities
1920s 0
1950s 4
1960s 0
1970s 0
1980s 3
1990s 1
2000s 2 up to 1994
I threw the fact, that more people are killed by coconuts falling on their heads than shark attacks, at work the other day.
All I got was "yeah, but coconuts can't swim"

[Quint]
"Anti-shark cage...
You go inside the cage . . .
Cage goes in the water . . .
You go in the water . . .
Shark's in the water . . . Our shark

Farewell and adieu to you fair Spanish ladies. Farewell and adieu you ladies of Spain. For we've received orders for to sail back to Boston. And so nevermore shall we see you again."

:)

ColinM
Cloud 9 indeed :D

·
Life's A Bitch, Then You Go Diving
90 Posts
Im quite surprised that every fisherman in a 100 miles radius is not hunting this shark.

You bound to get some tw*t, trying to get the lime light by killing this poor thing.

Anyway there is a up side; I don’t have to go all the way to South Africa to do my “Shark Speciality” now, I can go to Cornwall Hoo Arr

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.