YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi Kiddies,

Some outstanding and breath-taking diving (wrecks, reefs and sundries); some 'are you being f*cking serious?' moments; Bren takes on six local security guards and wins; and some job-a-day gigglesworth.

I'm sitting in the Internet Bar at the Sharm Marriott (top and swank gaff, by-the-way) putting pen to paper (finger to key board) and rifling-off a quick hello before providing my full sit-rep when I get back on Monday, 23rd June.

By way of an initial resume, I've been through moments of potential 'ring-twinge'; massive 'you might want to think twice or seek advice before you believe the brochure and the folk who try and sell you their wares when you phone to enquire as to the place you're staying'.....(the observant amongst you will note that I'm not writing this from the hotel I originally booked!!!)

Sharm is badly in need of your custom - I completley echo the refrains of John 'Gully' Gulliver's (sober or drunk) recent plea.

The place is bordering on the empty; you can get into ANY restaurant or eatery (name your choice of food! They're ALL catered for); the price for everything (diving, tours, food, taxis etc.) is currently at give-away prices!! You might, if you're smart, see this as world-class diving at bargain prices...and you'd be right.

The place is as-safe-as-houses (indeed, a lot safe than a number of the city centres in which we all live) and as welcoming as ever. The current mood from the locals and international employees is "Yes! Now what was your question?" They're acutely aware of the 'norz' that's gone on in the recent unpleasantness and are just as adamant that you - the diver/holiday-maker - should not be made to wear it.

Warning: some of my report will not be flattering to me (no news there) or the gaff in which we stayed - I'll leave 'Wetlettuce' - we bumped into each other whilst checking in at the hotel reception! - to give his own, "balanced" recount.

Hope all has been well in YD-land whilst we've been away. We get back at O-dark-30 on Monday morning, so expect a more qualified sit-rep (and with the disance of time) on our return.

To paraprhase Orwell's 'Animal Farm': "Diving Good. Accommodation Bad....."

Oh, and by the way, the cost differential between me and a local booking the same room at the Sharm Hilton Dreams hotel is Egyptian Pounds (LE) 261 per night (26 quid Stirling) and $135 !! FFS.

More when I see you next week people.

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>That's got to be the record for a trip report  

Chapter one out and not even back yet  

Daz

·
Dunno really........ thinking about it
1,585 Posts
Imported post

Definitely a case of CPD - compulsive posting disorder. We'd be the poorer without it.Keep it up Bren.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts