YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
It doesn't look like that from where I'm sitting..
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother and sister in law are beginner divers (only about 10 dives each) OW, and are looking for a holiday in the summer, to include some (or a lot) of diving. She's a teacher, so will have to go in the main summer holidays.

Now, I've suggested Sharm,(they know it will be REALLY hot!) as these two are party animals... serious party animals! So I felt there would be a lot of evening stuff for them to do there, rather than some of the more sedate areas in Egypt.

I've thought about Camel, as it seems to have a good social scene, and this would be quite important to them, as well as the location of the Camel hotel itself to everything.

Thoughts anyone, also, who do you book through?

Pete

·
Retired
2,054 Posts
My brother and sister in law are beginner divers (only about 10 dives each) OW, and are looking for a holiday in the summer, to include some (or a lot) of diving. She's a teacher, so will have to go in the main summer holidays.

Now, I've suggested Sharm,(they know it will be REALLY hot!) as these two are party animals... serious party animals! So I felt there would be a lot of evening stuff for them to do there, rather than some of the more sedate areas in Egypt.

I've thought about Camel, as it seems to have a good social scene, and this would be quite important to them, as well as the location of the Camel hotel itself to everything.

Pete
We went with explorers last year, pretty reasonable price too.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts

Pete
Hi Pete

For a central location and night life Camel are good

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've used Explorers too and you can indeed get a darned cheap deal with them. If they don't mind cheap and cheerful accommodation the Ocean Bay is a short stones throw from the Camel and all the other delights of Naama Bay and they wouldn't need to venture into a Peugot taxi at all.

Edit: Meant to say the flights are now with Thomson so you can expect more family package holidaymakers on the more cramped plane than when they used Astreaus.

Bestest

Allie

·
Girlie diver
745 Posts
As for the Thompsons flights, I was actually pleasantly surprised when I flew back here with them a few weeks ago... working at Ocean College we get direct feedback from guests who had said it was cramped but on our flight, it really wasn't bad, and I must say the food was actually really very nice.
Hope they have a good course wherever they go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.